Miss Piggy

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Re: Miss Piggy

Postby Rushy » Sat May 16, 2015 7:22 pm

P38 wrote:
Rushy wrote:Way to go Pete. I am intrigued by the fact that your dad is up in the Ruahines. I would like to have my ashes scattered somewhere meaningful. At the moment my will calls for it to be done from horse back at a gallop down Muriwai Beach but I am turning toward my roost up the back of Minginui.

Rushy

Dad died of cancer a few years ago.

He was a life long hunter, Mad as Pig Hunter in his earlier years, we had a pack of 8-10 dogs which he used to run in rotations and in his latter years he was more of a deerstalker.

I asked him what his wishes were after he had gone and he said he want his ashes spread over his favourite hunting spot.

Hahahaha, Mum got upset when he said this because she didn't know where that was, but was happier when I said I knew all his favourite spots.

So that's what we did.

His ashes rest in a clearing in the Ruahine that he had taken many deer from over the years.

I made a brass plaque to mark the spot.
We added all his empty brass cases to the crucible which he'd saved from his only hunting rifle over his lifetime.
A DMW Mauser in 300 savage.
I made a mould and cast the brass plaque in greensand, then went and screwed it to a rock face near where his ashes are.

One day I hope to tip a deer over in the clearing where he is.

Thanks for sharing that story Pete. I don't have any sons but that is a great commemoration.
Cheers
Pete
0 x

Dundee

Postby Dundee » Sat May 16, 2015 9:54 pm

That is a special spot for sure P38
0 x

Spook

Postby Spook » Sun May 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Rushy wrote:Way to go Pete. I am intrigued by the fact that your dad is up in the Ruahines. I would like to have my ashes scattered somewhere meaningful. At the moment my will calls for it to be done from horse back at a gallop down Muriwai Beach but I am turning toward my roost up the back of Minginui.

I would be curious to know how your wife intends to get the horse to eat your ashes and then get it to shit on que at the gallop.
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Sun May 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Spook wrote:

I would be curious to know how your wife intends to get the horse to eat your ashes and then get it to shit on que at the gallop.

Ha ha ha ha this was actually a cunning plan of mine to have a last laugh Spook. Muriwai runs North South and the prevailing wind is a Sou' Westerly. There is a very good likelihood that it will either be my missus or her sister that take the ride with the urn and I reckon that when they start to sprinkle my ashes they will blow back all over them.
0 x

Sakokid

Postby Sakokid » Mon May 25, 2015 7:55 pm

That's a fine eating hog pete. I walked into waihaha one weekend and nailed one off the track about the same size. It was good.
0 x

Return to “Pig Hunting”