Another Wander

Packhorse

Another Wander

Postby Packhorse » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Since I suck at shooting/hunting deer in DOC bush I thought I’d take the opportunity to look for a goat. Bagged a couple, both neck shots. First one I smelt them before I saw them, shot the first one I saw another couple took off. Gutted it, decided to take it out whole.
Left it there to carry on with the stalk/walk. Saw another one, did the sneak in on it,saw another one. They both wandered into the bush so dropped in a bit closer. Saw them eating and knocking the kawakawa bushes around.

Snuck in a bit closer, eyed up one, didn’t take it. Another one came into view, decided to take it. Did the back legs and straps on this one as still had to take the whole one out yet
Decided to leave a little present for the next hunters..Image
...then didimaued back to the car. Good chance to stretch the legs with a protein bonus..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: Another Wander

Postby Scribe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Where did you pick up that saying 'Didimaued' you have used in the caption of your last photo 'Packhorse'. You have been mixing with bad company Id say. I hav'nt heard that expression for a while.
0 x

Packhorse

Re: Another Wander

Postby Packhorse » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Scribe wrote:Where did you pick up that saying 'Didimaued' you have used in the caption of your last photo 'Packhorse'. You have been mixing with bad company Id say. I hav'nt heard that expression for a while.

I’ve read a little...can’t remember what era or context it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The expression 'Didimau' was picked up by our soldiers from the Vietnamese and used. Probable slang.
It means 'fuck off' or more correctly 'Fuck off quick. And as you can imagine it came into popular usage because it was an expression with so many uses. eg (We 'didied' out of there as soon a the shit started flying around our ears)
0 x

Return to “Goat Hunting”