Tauranga-Taupo

carl243

Tauranga-Taupo

Postby carl243 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Flew in on Tuesday, 1st time to this block so made it a family trip with the wife and young fella . Weather was great for a couple of days with a bit of sign around but no animals spooked or sighted. I have to admit it took a while to get my bush hunting mojo back,too many trips to open tops blocks maybe.So the Sika won this round but we all had an enjoyable trip,swimming in the river etc and the family got a taste of how quickly a back country river can come up after a bit of rain (which was all day Friday )and the wife took some reassuring that we weren't in danger of floating away.
Round 2 with the Sika coming soon!
2 x

Packhorse

Re: Tauranga-Taupo

Postby Packhorse » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:46 pm

Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:30 pm

'Carl243' Never been on the ground there more's the pity, but have hunted the area often enough from the air.

Would be good in the summer but it always looked a bit cold and wet in there the rest of the year.

Is this right?.
0 x

carl243

Postby carl243 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:27 pm

You could well be right Scribe . Across the river from the hut would be cold and the flatter area would be a swamp in the winter.The bush on the hut side was generally thick with limited sun getting through so the few open guts if you can find them would be the best hope . Definitely a summer time block.
0 x

Return to “Trip Reports”