How's the fishing in your area?
Scribe
Site Admin

A Day On The Firth

Postby Scribe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Spring has sprung
The grass has rizz
I wonder where the birdies is.

We know where they are, they are in the ground. Since the big aerial poisons began in the Late seventies and eighties we bushmen have had to live without our dawn chorus. Thank God mostly our seas still provide the food that an old hunter needs to feed his family. Three of us had this day out on Saturday for the Thames/Workermans fishing completion.

A Great Day On The Firth.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

tetawa

Re: A Day On The Firth

Postby tetawa » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Yes, need to get my ass into gear and wander down the Firth.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

...just gotta go fishing full stop..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:02 am

tetawa wrote:Yes, need to get my ass into gear and wander down the Firth.

Call in if you do. Always a bed, brew whatever.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Scribe wrote:Spring has sprung
The grass has rizz

We know where they are, they are in the ground. Since the big aerial poisons began in the Late seventies and eighties we bushmen have had to live without our dawn chorus. Thank God mostly our seas still provide the food that an old hunter needs to feed his family. Three of us had this day out on Saturday for the Thames/Workermans fishing completion.

I forgot to mention that two of my John Dory won Ist and 2nd price for the heaviest John Dory of the day.
I suppose I should also mention that those two were the only John Dory weighed in that day.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Scribe wrote:
Scribe wrote:Spring has sprung
The grass has rizz

I forgot to mention that two of my John Dory won Ist and 2nd price for the heaviest John Dory of the day.
I suppose I should also mention that those two were the only John Dory weighed in that day.

classic...

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Well the Firth certainly can turn it on alright. I forgot to take my camera this time so no photos. Fishing competition on again and we caught a boatful of fish. Our boat caught the winning gurnard. Won the average weight fish and should have got the prize for most stupid fishermen. We had the winning trevally as well but we thought their was no trev class so we gave it to a mate across the road to smoke along with a few Snapper. His smoke house though went up in flames during the afternoon when no one was watching and it could have set fire to his veranda and then his house. Fish were pure charcoal. What a lot of useless buggars.
I had a narrow escape as we launched at Kuratau into a choppy westerly. I pushed off and clambered into the boat as the skipper gunned it and I fell over the back into the prop. Received a badly bruised shin and the razor sharp prop put a cut line up my thigh heading for the testicles. Considering all the tips of the props have hit things and have razor sharp edges I was very lucky that the cut is very shallow. When I think about it now I realise I have been very lucky over the years with some of my narrow escapes.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Damn the fishing is great up here. Again no photo's but the three of us could have filled the boat. No competition winners unless we win the average weight prize. But just big, nice conditioned snapper and four yearling Kahawai.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Sounds bloody good ‘Scribe’

0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:00 am

Looks like there should be one good day this weekend up the Firth... might see if we can get the yaks into the water...

0 x

Return to “General Fishing”