Fishing

How's the fishing in your area?
Gapped Axe

Fishing

Postby Gapped Axe » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Fishing on the East Coast of the Corro is fireing. The Son came back home on Monday morning to do a coup[le of diving jobs. I said we have a small window to go to the Bach and have a fish. Let's do it says he, a quite smile to my eye. Any way arrive at 1700hrs and the Son gets the boat ready for an early start tomorrow whist I put in an outside shower. After a few beers and a couple of whiskys for me and Toa Hunter on TV we hit the sack. Next morning out to our fishing spot and away we go. Eleven Snapps some up to 10lb and a horse of a Porae and a good blue cod plus a couple of Kahawai. A great day with the son, those of us who are close to our kids will know exactly what I mean. The son and I have always been very close and may it continue, great days spent together are priceless.
1 x

Happy
Site Admin

Re: Fishing

Postby Happy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:53 am

My brother in law Face Timed me last night as three of them were pulling in 10 pounders about 6.30pm just off Peachgrove.
They had hits as as soon as the lines went over so she's firing up alright...

Roll on summer !!
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: Fishing

Postby Scribe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Great fishing today. Went out to the mussel farms after some competition winning fish as a consolation prize cause we cant go whitebaiting.

Thames Workermans Club Fishing contest today and we caught some nice fish, 12 nice snapper and two kahawai. Four of the snapper and the two Kahawai were weighable for the competition. The fish in the photo were the ones I brought home to eat, the smallest of the day.
0 x

Return to “General Fishing”