Anniversary weekend

How's the fishing in your area?
hunter308

Anniversary weekend

Postby hunter308 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:43 am

Been a while since I popped my head up so I thought I better post something to show that I am still kicking around

Headed out on the Sunday of Auckland anniversary weekend with my boy and armed with my trusty Abu veritas and penn squall 15 and penn prevail and shimano baitrunner combos to one of my spots on the west coast for an early morning surfcasting session.

First up and first decent scrap with my overhead combo a good sized and biggest trev of the day

James was too busy drawing pictures in the sand instead of manning one of the rods until the penn combo got a nice hook up then he decided he would haul in one fish for the day (great aye dad does all the casting well I have news for him next time) to find a nice west coast snapper on the hook second hookup for that combo was another trev but not as big as the first but put up a much better scrap and a few good head shakes and runs to get things going.

The end fate of these tasty fish
1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: Anniversary weekend

Postby Scribe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 am

hunter308 wrote:Been a while since I popped my head up so I thought I better post something to show that I am still kicking around

Headed out on the Sunday of Auckland anniversary weekend with my boy and armed with my trusty Abu veritas and penn squall 15 and penn prevail and shimano baitrunner combos to one of my spots on the west coast for an early morning surfcasting session.

First up and first decent scrap with my overhead combo a good sized and biggest trev of the day

James was too busy drawing pictures in the sand instead of manning one of the rods until the penn combo got a nice hook up then he decided he would haul in one fish for the day (great aye dad does all the casting well I have news for him next time) to find a nice west coast snapper on the hook second hookup for that combo was another trev but not as big as the first but put up a much better scrap and a few good head shakes and runs to get things going.

The end fate of these tasty fish

Great to see what you are up to once more '308'. Your success with Trevs reminds me that the Trevs are due about now into my own favourite spot. Great fish and great fighter them Trevs.
0 x

hunter308

Re: Anniversary weekend

Postby hunter308 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 am

Absolutely Scribe I enjoy eating Trevally smoked or fried in butter but the one fish that still eludes me to this day is Gurnard I would have that any day over snapper. Where I fish is just inside the bar of one of the harbours over this way. These days I am more focused on my fishing than shooting/hunting it is something I learned when I was a kid and fits in with the limited days off that I get from work.
0 x

Return to “General Fishing”