Election 2017

Packhorse

Election 2017

Postby Packhorse » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:39 pm

Just wondering if we can be adults n have a discussion about the current political leanings. For me I am not sure what way to vote. I will vote but all the choices look pretty shit. Just after some perspective. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

tetawa

Re: Election 2017

Postby tetawa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:04 pm

I am in the same boat, was looking "winnies" way for the Party vote, but will he carry thru his promises if the election goes to the left.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:26 pm

tetawa wrote:I am in the same boat, was looking "winnies" way for the Party vote, but will he carry thru his promises if the election goes to the left.

That is the worry. Someone has already said 'Winnie is for Winnie ...'

0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:14 pm

I am as blue as the sky on a sunny day so the decision is easy for me. The track record from deficit to surplus helps give me confidence to keep voting the only way I ever have.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 pm

I have always voted National but no more I am afraid. I also think there are many like me this election.

Winnie for New Zealand First, confirmed in the Farming Weekly that arrived yesterday "It promised support for threatened species restoration programs and for building up the natural habitat. The party was firmly opposed to the continued use of aerial 1080 applications".
1 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Have to say I think I've voted national more times than not. Their continued insistence on banging more poison from the sky on worries me though. Equally as concerning is that once other parties get in ...it still won't matter, the shits still gonna go on.. This and anything to do with firearms(in a negative way) are now the two main polarising issues I have. I believe both relate to a much bigger picture ...essentially freedom. Everything else is window dressing

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 am

Packhorse wrote:Have to say I think I've voted national more times than not. Their continued insistence on banging more poison from the sky on worries me though. Equally as concerning is that once other parties get in ...it still won't matter, the shits still gonna go on.. This and anything to do with firearms(in a negative way) are now the two main polarising issues I have. I believe both relate to a much bigger picture ...essentially freedom. Everything else is window dressing

Well said "Packhorse"
In my case I have decided that too many 1080 baits have been swept down the river and under the bridge under the current regime. After all it is sixty years this year since we aerial dropped the first 1080 bait in New Zealand. If it was any good we would all know how good it was by now.

If I am still alive in twenty years time I don't still want to be fighting to retain what little life is still left in our toxic forests.

Propaganda still rules around here. A woman from the Green Party tried to give me a pamphlet yesterday which led to a discussion on the Greens support for doubling the number of DOC Rangers and the increased support for more 1080. "The Pennisula is blanketed every three year now so where they are going to dump more is a mystery unless they force their way onto more private land"
Anyway this overly dressed and made up Woman came out and claimed that the Forest up the 309 road was very heavily grazed by possums. Having spent quite a bit of time in this area lately meeting with unhappy residents at the Mahikarau Estate who are going to be forced to endured 1080 drops on all four sides of their small forest blocks I have to say that not one bit of possum damage is to be found anywhere near the 309 road. What the poor deluded woman had pointed out to her by some self confessed expert was dieback among several species of tree and burnt trees from roadside spraying.

God save us from these types of political parties and Woman with no more brains than a louse, who believe them.
0 x

tetawa

Postby tetawa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am

Well, will "winnie" stay true to his word or just be "winnie"
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:16 pm

We await the results of the negotiations with bated breath. 'tetawa'
0 x