Guns show us your favourites

moonhunt

Re: Guns show us your favourites

Postby moonhunt » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:58 pm

I was using 80gn speer hot core SP in the tikka , I think I prefer a soft point but will see how these hollow points go

I like the look of those pro hunters
0 x

moonhunt

Postby moonhunt » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:00 pm

I found that box of 85 sierras you loaned me, will have to drop them back when we catch up in Aug ( not July)

I have a sample pack of those 95's but haven't had time to do anything with them , how did you rate them
0 x

Barefoot

Postby Barefoot » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:55 pm

I like them and they shoot VERY well out of the Savage, but in the end I drifted back to the 85gn sierras for consistency on animals. And now the Savage mostly stays in the cupboard while I get used to the Blaser.
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:05 am

Barefoot wrote:I like them and they shoot VERY well out of the Savage, but in the end I drifted back to the 85gn sierras for consistency on animals. And now the Savage mostly stays in the cupboard while I get used to the Blaser.

Brads will be impressed that you have a Blaser Barefoot. I touched all of my firearms when I moved them to their new abode yesterday and there wasn't a Blaser among them....... Did you borrow mine? Ha ha ha ha ....... Oh and yes I have notified the change of address to the thin blue line.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:28 am

Barefoot wrote:I like them and they shoot VERY well out of the Savage, but in the end I drifted back to the 85gn sierras for consistency on animals. And now the Savage mostly stays in the cupboard while I get used to the Blaser.

I reckon the 85 sierra HPBT were some of the most accurate and hard hitting projectiles I ever used 'barefoot' They were great for those long shots over the tussock.

Then we brought Sako 222s from the Forest Service. We had to get a bit closer to the animals then but there were other advantages to using this calibre.
0 x

Barefoot

Postby Barefoot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Rushy wrote:Brads will be impressed that you have a Blaser Barefoot. I touched all of my firearms when I moved them to their new abode yesterday and there wasn't a Blaser among them....... Did you borrow mine? Ha ha ha ha ....... Oh and yes I have notified the change of address to the thin blue line.

Okay, its clearly been a while since we shot in the forest together, I bought the rifle last year! And it's only shot a few goats :(
0 x

Return to “Show us your latest shooter..”