Question for you veteran reloaders

motorsport32

Question for you veteran reloaders

Postby motorsport32 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Ok you fellas here's my first forum question for you experienced reloaders here. Feel free to verbily abuse me if it's a stupid one. I picked up some nice cheap and nastie looking projectiles from trade me the other day and being new to this reloading world can not find any load data for them. They are 223 55gr Frontier CMJ Cast fmj. Has any one had any experience loading these. I'm not too concerned with the accuracy obviously as they are cheap and I'll just use em for plinking steel. I've got the hornady hand book of cartridge reloading and checked out the load data for the hornady projectiles but can I use the same powder loads for any 55 gr projectile or do I need to find the load data for these specific rounds. See green as like I said. Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Re: Question for you veteran reloaders

Postby Happy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:45 am

I Ve always just loaded for projectile weight. Never had a problem. Quite cool to load a few just under and just over max Mark them with felt pen and the one that shoots best is your winner
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Like Happy I have always loaded for bullet weight.

Cast full metal Jacket is a new one on me. If someone can explain them and how they are made I will be delighted. I have had a lot of success with fmj's on deer and pigs.
0 x

motorsport32

Re: RE: Re: Question for you veteran reloaders

Postby motorsport32 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Happy wrote:I Ve always just loaded for projectile weight. Never had a problem. Quite cool to load a few just under and just over max Mark them with felt pen and the one that shoots best is your winner
Beuti cheers Andy was hoping that would be the answer. Simple as[THUMBS UP SIGN]

0 x

motorsport32

Postby motorsport32 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Scribe wrote:Like Happy I have always loaded for bullet weight.

Cast full metal Jacket is a new one on me. If someone can explain them and how they are made I will be delighted. I have had a lot of success with fmj's on deer and pigs.
I just read on good old google they don't have the lead base at the bottom and don't release lead vapor into the atmosphere from the powder gasses. Hmmm sound like hippy bullets if you ask me. Reckons they don't like high loads and recommends medium loading. Oh well should be good enough to throw at close range targets.

0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Have a chat to midget. If you want to reload a heap could do it here we have a trick power throwing machine.

Usually do couple hundy at a time.

Arvo visit and catch up
0 x

motorsport32

Postby motorsport32 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Happy wrote:Have a chat to midget. If you want to reload a heap could do it here we have a trick power throwing machine.

Arvo visit and catch up
Really appreciate that offer happy. It would be great to catch up with you and mr 30cal haha. I'll bring my new toy for you to have a tinker with. Altho like Terry said It's a bit vaginal with no scratches on it yet. More of a bench queen[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 pm

motorsport32 wrote:
Happy wrote:Have a chat to midget. If you want to reload a heap could do it here we have a trick power throwing machine.

Arvo visit and catch up
Really appreciate that offer happy. It would be great to catch up with you and mr 30cal haha. I'll bring my new toy for you to have a tinker with. Altho like Terry said It's a bit vaginal with no scratches on it yet. More of a bench queen[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Virginal or vaginal which is it. Vaginal with no scratches on it yet???? Making me wonder now.
0 x

motorsport32

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Question for you veteran reloaders

Postby motorsport32 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Scribe wrote:[quote="motorsport32"][quote="Happy"]Have a chat to midget. If you want to reload a heap could do it here we have a trick power throwing machine.

Arvo visit and catch up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Virginal or vaginal which is it. Vaginal with no scratches on it yet???? Making me wonder now.[/quote]Well it's a bit of both I suppose. The lack of recoil could be rather Vaginal and the lack of use virginal. Bit like being marred really. Lack of use. Hardly get near the wife's thing for any scratching to happen these days.

0 x

Return to “Reloading and Ballistics”