Rifle zero way off

Willie

Rifle zero way off

Postby Willie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Blimey got a last minute option to run to vegas and get the bang sticks out on the range so like all others never questioned it and got on the road.
I did give Danny a chance but he was offered an alternative, hopefully it all worked out.
well the last deer I shot with the 7mm08 and the aim point and hit point was way off so best option was to check the zero. Got to the range and the boys from CNIGC were throwing lead down the range however they were happy to help me check at 300m. First shot was 8 inches low and left 4 inches. I am amazed I even hit the last deer i shot at and it doesn't surprise me where the second shot hit the deer. Now back at zero all be it 300m but a damn site happier knowing aim point and zero are consistent.
Also brought the .22 just for some fun and now happy with the zero and 100m hold overs, damn the thing is accurate and so much fun to shoot.
If you have bunny issue then happy to help you out just to get more shooting practice.

All in all a good weekend and happy to be throwing lead.
One fella turned up and had more bang sticks that I would know what to do with and enough glass on the top to warrant a mortgage!
Oh well must work harder. :D
1 x

Gibo

Re: Rifle zero way off

Postby Gibo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Are you zeroed at 300M Willie? Seems a long way out? Whats the bullet doing before that at 50 and 100?
0 x

Willie

Postby Willie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Bloody good question, it may appear that I have a need to go back to the range. What a shame :lol:
0 x

Gibo

Postby Gibo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:14 am

Willie wrote:Bloody good question, it may appear that I have a need to go back to the range. What a shame :lol:

Ha ha yeah I bet thats not something youre looking forward to ;)
0 x

Return to “Shooting and Target Shooting”