Bedding A Rifle Is A Science

dynastar27

Re: Bedding A Rifle Is A Science

Postby dynastar27 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Scribe wrote:This is the old girl. Used her nearly exclusively since the mid 70s and shot a lot of deer with her.Image

is that the rifle you had down at minginui

Yes tis the same old girl and going through a little bit of a drought at the moment. Until I had the bedding done recently she would hardly hit a deer broadside on at 200.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Thought you where going to put up a pic of your other half.....nice slippers by the way;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Gibo

Postby Gibo » Mon May 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Dont go falling off the bloody table Graeme!!!
0 x

veitnamcam

Postby veitnamcam » Tue May 19, 2015 6:25 am

Good that you got it sorted scribe.
No Sako should be left in such a condition that it may sully the name of the others.:!::lol:
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue May 19, 2015 12:23 pm

veitnamcam wrote:Good that you got it sorted scribe.
No Sako should be left in such a condition that it may sully the name of the others.:!::lol:

You are right. I have been thinking back over the years at the treatment that was handed out to our sako's and yet I never saw one give up the ghost. I have dented scopes and dinged the rifle that badly that it took awhile on the range before they were usable. This one above has been deliberately dropped onto rocks from a fair height at least once and others I have had have been dropped a few times. Usually sidling around waterfalls and getting into difficulty on a ledge that Peters out and you suddenly realise that you are going to need both hands to save your own bacon.

I have always dropped them barrel first like a spear and they have gone down between the rocks and avoided major damage. I don't recommend getting into this position for a start but it was what happens to young impetuous hunters at least a few times in there life.
0 x

veitnamcam

Postby veitnamcam » Tue May 19, 2015 1:13 pm

My first sako got flicked off a bluff to help my catch my balance... dropped down too low in the fog and got caught out. Took me an hour or more to get around and back to the bottom to pick it up.
0 x

Return to “Shooting and Target Shooting”