This Is Where Its At For Me

Gapped Axe

Re: This Is Where Its At For Me

Postby Gapped Axe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:33 am

Still got your limit thou. Over the other side I struggled to get snapper but when I did they were of reasonable size. The Terakihi were around in good numbers and size, never saw a Kingi even thou one morning I targeted them at Castle Rock with small Kahawai livies. Had a meet and greet with the Sons partners parents at the Pepper Tree, nice people. Tried to sneak away for a while to come visit but the Bride had other plans with the daughter in Whiti for the arvo. Oh the joys of taking just the 1 car away for the holidays. Was bloody dry and windy Summer over on our side as well. Might take my holidays later next year. Surfed at Hotwater in the early hours most mornings, only got out 3 times over 2 weeks for fishing as it was too rough, haven't dived this season as I have some health issues so no scollies or crays this season, the sea wasn't that great anyway.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: This Is Where Its At For Me

Postby Scribe » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Gapped Axe wrote:Still got your limit thou. Over the other side I struggled to get snapper but when I did they were of reasonable size. The Terakihi were around in good numbers and size, never saw a Kingi even thou one morning I targeted them at Castle Rock with small Kahawai livies. Had a meet and greet with the Sons partners parents at the Pepper Tree, nice people. Tried to sneak away for a while to come visit but the Bride had other plans with the daughter in Whiti for the arvo. Oh the joys of taking just the 1 car away for the holidays. Was bloody dry and windy Summer over on our side as well. Might take my holidays later next year. Surfed at Hotwater in the early hours most mornings, only got out 3 times over 2 weeks for fishing as it was too rough, haven't dived this season as I have some health issues so no scollies or crays this season, the sea wasn't that great anyway.

It would be good to see you 'Gapped Axe' anytime. Looks like the weather has settled and there appears to be a lot of snapper still around over here. I hope your health worries clear up soon.

Tomorrow I will take the Wife and a couple of her Girlfriends over to the big concert in Whitianga. Bonnie Tyler, Icehouse, and Alan Parsons Live project (Whatever the hell that is) I will probably go down to the Shark Club and drink some beer with some old cronies from when we used to live there.
0 x

Return to “Spot X stories”