This Is Where Its At For Me

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Re: This Is Where Its At For Me

Postby Rushy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Scribe you need to put some effort into giving that new hat of yours some character. Surely you remember shaping your beret.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Rushy wrote:Scribe you need to put some effort into giving that new hat of yours some character. Surely you remember shaping your beret.

Give it a couple of years to graft itself onto my skull and it will be OK Rushy.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:40 pm

I don't know about encouraging Woman to fish 'Packhorse'. I have many Gentlemen friends who claim that their wives out fish them every time they go out in the boat.

We took my brothers girlfriend out 'once', she was the sort of Woman that knew everything. Well when we got to the fishing spot we shot out lines to the bottom and prepared to do battle with the snapper population. This creature that was with us carefully lowered her bait three metres down under the boat so at times you could still see the bait. My Brother told her she was mad and a cretin and other things and that there was not a chance of catching a snapper just under the boat. To my dismay and horror I remember to this day joining in and adding my 2 cents worth to the argument. Well she caught the fish of the day just under the boat, What that stupid fish was doing just under the boat I do not know to this day.

Worse was to come, it was the longest, most silent and joyless trip back to shore I had endured for many years and the night in the Batch was possibly worse.
1 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm

If my wife can catch the fish Scribe more power to her cos if it was me catching the family would be pretty hungry by now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Gibo

Postby Gibo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Scribe wrote:I don't know about encouraging Woman to fish 'Packhorse'. I have many Gentlemen friends who claim that their wives out fish them every time they go out in the boat.

We took my brothers girlfriend out 'once', she was the sort of Woman that knew everything. Well when we got to the fishing spot we shot out lines to the bottom and prepared to do battle with the snapper population. This creature that was with us carefully lowered her bait three metres down under the boat so at times you could still see the bait. My Brother told her she was mad and a cretin and other things and that there was not a chance of catching a snapper just under the boat. To my dismay and horror I remember to this day joining in and adding my 2 cents worth to the argument. Well she caught the fish of the day just under the boat, What that stupid fish was doing just under the boat I do not know to this day.

Worse was to come, it was the longest, most silent and joyless trip back to shore I had endured for many years and the night in the Batch was possibly worse.

ha ha ha love it. We have caught snaps off the surface when they are feeding hard, cast your bait and a big splash ensues as they fight over the morsel, was in about 10-15M water from memory
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:00 am

Overcast and a slight breeze this morning. I hope it stays that way we are going out to the mussel farm for a fish.

We have had weeks of wind and getting sick of it. Will launch at Waikawau because of the wind, these bloody westerlies can knock you around if they get up and you have to use a west facing ramp

I suppose I should poke around the southern edges of the mussel farm for a few more weeks before I move north. Then I guess the islands and the northern end of the Farms will become my home turf. McGregors Bay and all its various arms and associated mud flats will be searched for flounder. I will return later and report on the sport to be had this day.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Caught him in the first minute. From the great colour of the fish we know its fattening up.Image
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Dennis is off the mark with a slightly bigger fish.Image
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:22 pm

A decaying front is coming over the Coromandel Ranges from the East. Wind is supposed to get up to 35 knots.
We will have all the fish we need by lunchtime and be home by the time it does.

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Nothing very big, just great eating fish. All a good colour. Image
0 x

Return to “Spot X stories”