new home needed for Begal X dog

A place for discussion about Deer Dogs, Game bird Dogs, Pet Dogs all and any hunting or work or pet dogs or things that go woof !!
MUCKO
Site Admin

new home needed for Begal X dog

Postby MUCKO » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Just putting it out there, a good mate has to rehome his dog by christmas otherwise he may have to put him down due to not been able to take him to their new house, my mate is quite upset about the thought of putting him down. so i said i would put the word out here in case i can find a great home for him. he is seven years old and has a great nature. i am sure some one could get many more years out of this boy. he hasnt been hunting but being a Begal he must have a good nose. he is in Tauranga if you have any questions or want to meet him get in touch and i will make it happen.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: new home needed for Begal X dog

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Funny Dogs, Great nose. A friend of mine had one and we used to dog deer in the Waimana and Whakatane rivers. It had such a bloody good nose.

So good in fact that when it cut a deer's tracks he often went the wrong way. In a few minutes he would be crossing the ridge and be right out of the valley and far away yodelling on a scent the deer had left a fortnight before. He was relentless and could not be shaken off the trail if he was going the RIGHT WAY.
0 x

Return to “Dogs Spot ..”