Is There A Place In Heaven For A Good Dog

A place for discussion about Deer Dogs, Game bird Dogs, Pet Dogs all and any hunting or work or pet dogs or things that go woof !!
Dundee

Re: Is There A Place In Heaven For A Good Dog

Postby Dundee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Condolences Scribe and Julie.

Our old dog Jess is drinking a lot of water now too,I have retired her at 12 years old.She is still fit and runs with the other dog but I don't take her hunting anymore.As she gets cold on even a mild evening. Memories and photos will be with you for a life time scribe.
1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:29 pm

We are making a big fuss of Millys Daughter so she doesn't miss her mum to much. We have got her inside in front of the fire

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:33 pm

She has been keeping very close, and has been staring at me all day. Wants her mother back I guess. They have the faith that the Boss can do anything.

0 x

Dundee

Postby Dundee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Boy is gorgeous we just picked up a new pup yesterday.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Dundee wrote:Boy is gorgeous we just picked up a new pup yesterday.

I showed Julie the photo of Sean with the new pup. Its a feisty little devil. It will be the right age for the next shooting season. Despite being told by my friend in HB how dry they were I couldn't believe how bad it is until I saw your photos.
0 x

Dundee

Postby Dundee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:58 pm

We went from drought to snow on the 23rd of may so its not looking good
0 x

MUCKO
Site Admin

Postby MUCKO » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:08 am

Sorry for your loss mate, its bloody hard to say goodbye to a loyal mate no matter their age, and no other seams to touch your heart the same way. resting peacefully but never forgotten. awesome send off you guys did for your hunting buddy.
0 x

Woody

Postby Woody » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:17 am

It's been 18 months now since my old dog passed away. Took delivery of a new pup three weeks ago, and will introduce him to you all in a few days time. He is a test for my other younger dog (son of the old dog) who is now 10 years, but the old bugger really appreciates a new cobber I think.
Nothing like a young pup to create havoc and much merriment and laughter in the house :lol: They're worth more than their weight in gold I reckon.
1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:22 am

Dundee wrote:We went from drought to snow on the 23rd of may so its not looking good

Come up for a couple of days break if you can manage it before the cows come in 'Dundee'. You would have been able to have some interesting discussions with 'Andyanimal in Taihape' about the Mangohane Plateau.

Oh by the way that photo of the Otupae Range stopped me dead in my tracks. I havnt been on that range for a year or two but I know every ripple and fold in the landscape up there. Even now I recon I could walk blindfolded to the tarn that we camped at a few times.

I can remember a good few years back taking someone up there during the roar. It was a drought year and the top of the Otupae's are very dry anyway. This chap 'My Brother in Law' if my memory serves me correctly, wanted to carry two large bottles of beer up the hill. I wouldn't let him because I reckoned he wouldn't get up there carrying the extra weight. It was a long hot torrid climb to the top and I think it was only the promise abundant clear, cool mountain tarn water and dreams of endless brews that finally got him to the top.

That year the area around the tarn was holding a lot of deer. I have seen mobs up there of around 50 or more. Anyway because of the dry year the deer had turned the Tarn into a large wallow. We had no choice, we had to drink it.
Undiluted stag piss, that's what it tasted like. What a miserable camp it was. Then to add insult to injury the cloud came down and stayed down for the couple of days and we couldn't see a bloody thing. The mist was full of bellowing stag but you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. There were some fairly good stags around that range in those years, they all used to come up from Timahunga/Pohakura for the roar. When you shot one it was always satisfying to know it was probably one of old Jack Roberts deer.
0 x

Dundee

Postby Dundee » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:51 am

Thanks for the offer Scribe but we can't this year.

Mangohane Station had a paddock named the Dead dog paddock,I can remember my cuzz telling me when we were trapping there.Yes we had a good catch up with Andyanimal.
0 x

Return to “Dogs Spot ..”