1080 Drops Are Getting Rougher

This forum is an area to discuss 1080 and other pest control methods including public notices pesticide summaries animal health board issues etc .Please contribute in a civilized manner
Scribe
Site Admin

1080 Drops Are Getting Rougher

Postby Scribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I copped a smack on the nose from a Security Guard on Tuesday Night. We got a ring about eight in the evening that Doc were loading trucks with quite a few tons of 1080 out of a warehouse behind the Liquor King in Whitianga. Why they would store 1080 poison in an area in the middle of town that was only separated from a housing estate by a single 6 foot wooden remains to be seen. New World is directly across the road and Count down is only couple of doors down on the same side.
Our informant lived just beyond the fence and had been alerted by the overpowering smell of 1080 as were other neighbours. The smell was overpowering alright when we got there and later in the night DOC were busy sweeping up the dust.
I, perhaps foolishly drove up beside Liquor King and around the back and straight into a hornets nest of DOC personal and Security Guards who had just finished loading the trucks. To say my welcome was not appreciated was an understatement, before I could even consider reversing out of the trap my door flew open and I was dragged out of the vehicle and belted on the nose by then my clothes had nearly been torn from my back. Cooler heads then prevailed and I was released and they turned there attention to the two cars following me and assaulting the two woman occupants as they entered the cars and attempted to take the keys out of the dash. Both of these woman are in their seventies.
I have to say that the 1080 battle has disturbingly entered a new phase now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Packhorse

Re: 1080 Drops Are Getting Rougher

Postby Packhorse » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Geez that's no good 'Scribe'. Charge em with assault. Bog em down in the legal system. That's all sorts of wrong going in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

andyanimal31

Postby andyanimal31 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:18 am

that's no good scribe.
they are lucky that this wasn't in your hey day with no camera phones ect.
good luck with ruining their 1080 party!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 am

Good morning 'Packhorse' As to the above, the Police eventually arrived. I don't know who called them.
DOC claimed we had entered a work area. But that is not going to work as it is in all respects a public parking area. Nor were there any signs to indicate that it was being used to load one of the most dangerous chemicals known to mankind. In fact I didn't even know it was a DOC facility at all when I drove in. Funny, DOC claims that I kicked one of their members. That's a bit difficult when you are sitting in a Landcruiser

Reports and photos were taken by the police at the time but we will be making statements today. If the Police will not bring charges we will do so ourselves.

I regret I am not as quick as I once was or I may have avoided the sucker punch. I am most pissed at the fact that DOC or their minions broke both the inside and outside door handles of my Landcruiser.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 am

andyanimal31 wrote:that's no good scribe.
they are lucky that this wasn't in your hey day with no camera phones ect.
good luck with ruining their 1080 party!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks Andy. You are right, getting old is a bastard. Unfortunately the mind is still willing but the flesh is weak.
They got the poison on but we cost them dearly. A full report will follow.

I actually wept the other day when I read that our block (you and me) is being poisoned from Ruahine Corner all the way down to Mokai. How can the mountains as we know them continue to function and regain the balance required to sustain life under this increasing burden of pesticides/insecticides.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Fawn in grass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Scribe wrote:Good morning 'Packhorse' As to the above, the Police eventually arrived. I don't know who called them.
DOC claimed we had entered a work area. But that is not going to work as it is in all respects a public parking area. Nor were there any signs to indicate that it was being used to load one of the most dangerous chemicals known to mankind. In fact I didn't even know it was a DOC facility at all when I drove in. Funny, DOC claims that I kicked one of their members. That's a bit difficult when you are sitting in a Landcruiser

Reports and photos were taken by the police at the time but we will be making statements today. If the Police will not bring charges we will do so ourselves.

I regret I am not as quick as I once was or I may have avoided the sucker punch. I am most pissed at the fact that DOC or their minions broke both the inside and outside door handles of my Landcruiser.

I'd have to imagine if you were a bit younger it would of being a different story. Course DOC are going to lie to save there ass. Unfortunately I feel there's going to be only one way to stop this carry on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

That’s out of hand big time. An arrest for assault should have happened

Dirty bastards.
0 x

tetawa

Postby tetawa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:19 am

Not a good look, but anyone who would spread the crap around would also step down that low to assault someone in our age group. Thought one of Winnie's pre-election promises was to ban aerial 1080 drops.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Some interesting developments around 1080 drops

1/ Increasing Paranoia

2/ The new rules of attacking protestors without cause or warning.

3/ The wish to keep their own identities secret. We cannot even get the names of DoC personal or Security guards involved in assaults.

4/ Vehicles involved in drops carry no number plates of identification neither do the guards.

5/ DoC Personal now wear bullet proof, flame proof, stab proof vests that in itself is enough to convince the public that we mad, depraved, and dangerous. Have a close look at what Nicky from Whitianga DOC is wearing

6/ They build themselves barricades 10/12 feet high with signs say they are electrified in another attempt to convince the world that they are the only ones that are right and the other 63 percent of kiwis polled who stated clearly that they didn't want to see 1080 used in our forest are mad
DoC and Security Guards.jpg
0 x

Return to “Pest control and public messages”