Well...

For all your off topic discussions
Scribe
Site Admin

Re: Well...

Postby Scribe » Wed May 15, 2019 10:14 am

Woody wrote:https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/we-just-ask-heard-gun-owners-feel-ignored-second-phase-law-reform-looms?ref=emailfriend

What a difference a couple of months make eh Woody. I bet last time you were on here that you would not have in your wildest imagination would have believed what a mess they would have got us into in such a short time. But worse now that they have made such a mess they are going to turn the screws on us and try to make us conform to what is really their own world view.
Every day it becomes more obvious that we are now governed by an irrational teenage girl
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 am

This bullshit is so different from the real world we grew up in. At the age of about 14 and a 1/2 us school cadets were taken out to the range and taught to shoot the Bren Gun. It was great and I never thought I needed counselling as it was preparation for the part I would be asked one day to perform in the real world.

God a young boy now would be considered damaged beyond repair if he heard a machine gun firing a mile away.

"THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH. FOR THEY WILL BE TOO WEAK TO REFUSE"
0 x

Woody

Postby Woody » Wed May 15, 2019 11:48 am

Yep, same. Trained on .22 then 303 and won Masefield school comp at Trentham; trained in patrolling, ambush IA, grenades, bren, stirling, camo etc all before 17. Was issued good govt 303 and weekly supply of 72 rounds for practice at Sillary St and Whatawhata. Used to pushbike out there 10 miles with rifle on shoulder and ammo on pannier. Never a problem.
Things have changed, and for the worse. Controlled "think" is the next step into zombieland. I wonder when the "free speech" media that delight in denigrating hunters and shooters will come to realise that they themselves will ultimately become redundant and closed down.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed May 15, 2019 2:48 pm

This must have been quite a meeting in little old Te Awamutu. I wish I had been there

http://eternalvigilance.nz/2019/05/new- ... M_8ryMeoAc
0 x

Woody

Postby Woody » Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Interesting that the NZF candidate cakked out Peters and Marks as "traitors". Good on her.
And good that Nat party is left in no doubt as to peoples having had a gutsful of their views being ignored in order that their MP 's comply with "party policy which follows only a vote grab".
There is only one party in the beehive that has a chance of my vote next election and it aint NZF or Nats or Labs or Greens :)
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Wed May 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Scribe wrote:This must have been quite a meeting in little old Te Awamutu. I wish I had been there

Yeah she was pretty interesting.... have to say as a demographic of society we don’t do ourselves any favours sometimes....

One speaker (paraphrasing) “ we are part of the citizens army in case China decides to invade...” Holy shit if China invades we’re right in the crap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Woody

Postby Woody » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Yes. Reading through the comments section it is apparent that there were some extremists :o there :roll: who would not have done our cause much good at all. However, there was also some good stuff which I hope the MP's took on board. It's a great pity that people sometimes are very short sighted about the effects and perceptions others will take from their rants and stories. We should never lower ourselves to the levels of the lowest common denominators.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Packhorse wrote:
Scribe wrote:This must have been quite a meeting in little old Te Awamutu. I wish I had been there

Yeah she was pretty interesting.... have to say as a demographic of society we don’t do ourselves any favours sometimes....

One speaker (paraphrasing) “ we are part of the citizens army in case China decides to invade...” Holy shit if China invades we’re right in the crap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably Japans aim to invade New Zealand in the later part of the war was no less frightening to those that that formed the home guard and prepared to fight them for every inch of dear old New Zealand. Once the Japs or the Chinese entered our New Zealand Jungle the advantage would be all ours. I am getting to old to get any pleasure out of another war but if I could shed 30 years I would march. If you lose the desire to fight then don't expect anyone to do it for you. I believe all of the firearms in civilian hands right now are what could be termed 'the last line of defence'.
0 x

Woody

Postby Woody » Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Lets hope it never comes to that Scribe. Trying to protect our private property and our use of it, from the current crop of politicians (except for Act) is a severe enough challenge.
Thanks for that link. I have passed it on.
0 x

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”