A pic of what your up to now

Share your pics and vids here for all to enjoy
Dundee

Re: A pic of what your up to now

Postby Dundee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Congrats packhorse we have been to hell and backkkkkkkk in 2017 lets hope tis year is a good one.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 am

Dundee wrote:Congrats packhorse we have been to hell and backkkkkkkk in 2017 lets hope tis year is a good one.

Onwards and upwards they reckon 'Dundee'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 am

God where is your camera when you need it. Hit the water around 6 am and headed around to the point for an hour before we set off to head out deep where we have caught most of our good fish lately. Well we didn't have to go anywhere else in an hour we had our 14 snapper and good fish they were too.

As we pulled the anchor up I fitted a lure on my best rod and headed for a Kahawai workup only a hundred yards away. After a quick troll we had three for the smoke house, enough for us. We made one more stop and got a bucket of mussels to finish the day. Still kicking ourselves that we forgot the scallop dredge or we would have added a few of those to the menu too. Home by nine.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 am

How deep is deep 'Scribe' ? Looking at doing some yak fishing towards the end of the month. Thinking about going out of coromandel n trying to sus out where to go

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Packhorse wrote:How deep is deep 'Scribe' ? Looking at doing some yak fishing towards the end of the month. Thinking about going out of coromandel n trying to sus out where to go

Well this morning we were in real close, a couple of hundred metres off the shore. Daylight in the morning seems to see a good number of fish in close but I guess the boats passing send them away.

I can show you a few good spots but the best fishing is during the working week when the mussel barges are working. Sometimes the kayak boys turn up when we are and do very well. Some big kingis around at the moment. They will give you a good work out 'Packhorse'.

Just spotted a couple of Kayak fishermen out the window heading slowly back to Longbay. I bet they have had a good day. Some good kahawai workups this morning but I didn't see any Kayaks heading their way.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:13 pm

No pic. Went out this evening saw nine deer. Stuffed up two opportunities of getting a shot away .,..must be turning vegetarian ....

0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Thought I was going vego for a while...I seem to be a better hunter than a fisho...

1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Just got back in from fishing. There wasn't many big fish around until the change of tide but then they came on strong.
That is a lovely animal. I enjoyed the venison you dropped off for me. I was sorry I wasn't here.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 pm

So u fish the incoming or outgoing. Being asking around around including locals up Coro way and...just getting confused . Easier to go hunting I reckon. If have no shit weather of to Mokau for a surf cast tomorrow though.

1 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm

A bit lumpy today...we gave it a whirl. Wifey lost her rig...by not closing the hook off..

0 x

Return to “Pictures and Videos”