Xmas Dinner

The place to find and post your jokes... Typically uncensored !!
Happy
Site Admin

Xmas Dinner

Postby Happy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:48 pm

My mate works for the Royal Mail, and part of his job is to process all the mail that has illegible addresses. One day last week, a letter came to his desk, addressed in shaky handwriting, to Father Christmas. He thought he should open it to see what it was about. He opened it and it read:

Dear Father Christmas,
I am a 93-year-old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had £100.00 in it, which was all the money I have until my next pension money. In a couple of Sunday's it is Christmas, and I have invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me? I could really do with you delivering anything before Xmas Day.
Sincerely, Edna

My mate was touched so he showed the letter to all of the other workers. Each of them dug into his wallet and came up with a few pounds. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected £96.00, which they put into an envelope and delivered in the post the next day to the woman. He told me all of the workers felt a warm glow for the kind thing they had done. Then a few days ago, another letter came from the old lady, to Father Christmas again. All of the workers gathered around while the letter was opened. It read:

Dear Father Christmas,
How can I ever thank you enough for what you have done for me? Because of your gift of love, I am now able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. I'm sure we'll all have a very nice day and I've told my friends of your wonderful gift. By the way, there was £4 missing. I think it must have been those fuckin' thieving bastards at the Royal Mail ...
Sincerely, Edna:)
0 x

Woody

Re: Xmas Dinner

Postby Woody » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Yep, good one Happy.
Regardless, I would just like to wish all members of this forum a very happy Christmas and a beaut 2017.

Cheers, Woody. :D
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:03 am

Thanks Woody. Happy Cristmas to you as well.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:57 am

Well its Christmas Day and the year is almost over.

Time to think back and appreciate the blessings over the past year. 2016 was a good year for most I am guessing, but not for all. We here hope the next year will be a lot better for those people.

We have had a great year. Buying here in the Coromandel then realising that the two of us were just rattling around in such a big house with its three floors so we have turned it into what is a very successful bed and breakfast now.

It is the capitalist in me I guess but I am much happier making money than spending it in retirement. My Wife is good at spending it???

Its been hell on my hunting time though. Time though soon to brush up the Rifle and Shotgun as we will be into those most interesting months of the year. The roar and then duck shooting.

Have a good one today and a Happy New Year to follow.

PS, Stay away from those childhood diseases Eh 'Mucko' you with your measles and me with my 'Whooping Cough'.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:08 am

Have a great day everyone. We have had a great year as well. Thoughts with family and friends who lost precious ones over last 12 months.

Unforgettable highlight last weekend being meters from two massive stags in the Kaimais

Not shooting at them was good as well , Still well in velvet.

Good luck to the yearling that got away as well . Must have been the 4am start !

Here's looking forward to next years hunting.
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin

Postby Rushy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

You know it has been a good year when you get to the end of it and you are still above ground and breathing. Merry Christmas you good buggers.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Just being kicked by a horse otherwise not a bad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:04 am

Packhorse wrote:Just being kicked by a horse otherwise not a bad day.

Just 'being' or just 'been' kicked by a horse. If it is the former I suggest you get out of its paddock in a hurry.

I hope you wern't hurt bad anyway and a merry Christmas you and your family Packhorse.

I have been kicked a few times myself and I remember the experiences as traumatic. Like being hit with two sledgehammers simultaneously.
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin

Postby Rushy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:13 pm

I have been kicked by a horse and yes it hurts but the worst that I have had is being kicked by a bull. The cloven hoof makes it doubly bad in my experience.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Rushy wrote:I have been kicked by a horse and yes it hurts but the worst that I have had is being kicked by a bull. The cloven hoof makes it doubly bad in my experience.

Kicked by a steer in my upper leg and jumped on by deer....neither is much fun

0 x

Return to “The Funny Farm”