Dogs and Kids

A place for discussion about Deer Dogs, Game bird Dogs, Pet Dogs all and any hunting or work or pet dogs or things that go woof !!
Scribe
Site Admin

Dogs and Kids

Postby Scribe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:44 pm

They find endless entertainment in each others company.Image
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Re: Dogs and Kids

Postby Rushy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Classic. Kids and dogs. Mates forever.
1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:40 pm

When there are no other kids around the dog becomes an essential prop in every game.

Not that she minds at all.

0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Hard case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm

That's a blow. I intended to breed 'Boy' (my lab bitch) above in the previous post, this winter.

In the last couple of weeks since opening weekend she has been a bit more attention seeking than normal and a bit whiney. I put it down to all the attention she got during opening weekend having spoilt her. She retrieved around 60 ducks from the pond and surrounding swamp so she received a lot of praise especially with two double duck retrieves.

Anyway since then on a couple of occasions I saw vaginal discharges that had not been right according to my knowledge. So this morning we took her to the vet. This is what the vet thinks
The bitch had been in season up until the season opened, so her breeding canal was wide open. Through this opening bugs dirt and so on has entered her organs and infected them.

At the moment she is undergoing a hysterectomy or what ever the dog equivilent for this is called.
What a pity as the pups she has not had and will not now have were well spoken for and worse the one I wanted for myself.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Not good... Hope it all goes as well as it can !!

My old boy "Murph " is getting pretty deaf now and his retrieves are getter slower every year.

Been thinking of getting a young small type black lab for him to assist with training cos I think there will be unwelcome changes with the 12 year old gentleman in the next couple of years unfortunately ...
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed May 24, 2017 8:32 pm

'Boys' operation went well but she was pretty woozy for most of the day. She walked ever so slowly with her legs well apart to keep her balance, her tail still wagging but not very vigourously.

This morning she was ready for a walk and she trotted all the way down to the beach and back again with much of her old keenness back again. So she appears nearly as good as new. Every so often she lets out a long sad groan 'not one of pain' but I wonder sometimes if she somehow knows that she will now never have any pups. What terrible things we do with our animals

Her breeding gear was well infected though the Vet told me.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu May 25, 2017 2:01 pm

0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Thu May 25, 2017 4:25 pm

I tried looking at the photo but it didn't work for me Scribe. Yeh you are right about what we do to animals. We put Mr Ed to bed a couple of weeks ago because he was fucked as a dressage horse. He couldn't stand up to the rigours of engaging his hocks in tight circles but he would have been a great hack for someone and was only five so had years of life left in him. Despite my protestations the decision was made to euthanise in order to claim the insurance some like I have done countless times before, I held his head while he was put down.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Rushy wrote:I tried looking at the photo but it didn't work for me Scribe. Yeh you are right about what we do to animals. We put Mr Ed to bed a couple of weeks ago because he was fucked as a dressage horse. He couldn't stand up to the rigours of engaging his hocks in tight circles but he would have been a great hack for someone and was only five so had years of life left in him. Despite my protestations the decision was made to euthanise in order to claim the insurance some like I have done countless times before, I held his head while he was put down.

I dont know why they always change things 'Rushey' I have to learn all over again how to post photo's out of Photobucket.
Sorry you cant see them.

Not a good story on Mr Ed. Not good at all.
0 x

Return to “Dogs Spot ..”