Tonka Truck ?

Show us your ways of getting there !
Happy
Site Admin

Re: Tonka Truck ?

Postby Happy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Rushy wrote:Just in time for you to give it to me as a gift for Christmas Happy. On ya mate! You're a champ.

You know funny story. Sent for service today. Said change 2x diff oils. Gearbox oil plus engine and filter. Thought lets do that so we know where we are. Than I said it has a noisy tappet.
My mech is a mate. Can't do it at my work he has hoist etc So adjust them please as well .
He said really it's not that bad. I said no let's just adjust them . Came back an hour later said Happy you a jammy bastard in his best Pom accent .......
2 bolts broken on rocker shaft heading for catastrophic failure. Woohoo just gotta run with it and back yourself sometimes eh ? That would have broken rocker shaft possibly dropped a valve and caused carnage and at minimum left me stranded on roadside..

Happy as. :roll: It ll be back Friday A little bit more alloy chequer plate and this project should be in the bag end of next week. Fuck what am I gonna do in my spare time then.
1 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:00 am

Go hunting!
1 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Done and dusted. Been down mates farm followed the cows home up the steepest hill
1st gear low ratio no throttle at all as they were too hot to push .Awesome torque and way easier than the ute as so small.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sussed out where we hope to build our new range while we were there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:50 am

That's a great little wagon now Happy.

A range would be good. Everybody needs one of those, and I could do with a day on the range to get that 223 shooting as accurately as I know it should do. I have some reloading to do first though. Still waiting for Serious Shooters to get me in some Sierra 63 gr SMPs. I have not used them before but I believe they shoot well in the 1x12 twist and are really good on deer.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 am

Try these guys

http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/projectiles7.htm#20cal

Or ring these guys

http://www.gunworks.co.nz/shop/category ... les-22-cal

Await the go ahead from our mate to rebuild our range. Found a spot where we can go 50 to probably 450 meters. Will build a permanent table and possibly sun shade it if he's ok with that
0 x

Return to “Outdoor Transportation”