Morning exercise

How's the fishing in your area?
Gapped Axe

Morning exercise

Postby Gapped Axe » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:17 am

Been getting up early 5am most mornings and going for a 1.5/2hr paddle on one of my paddle boards. Whilst paddling I have been dragging a fly line with a couple of smelt pattern flies. Christmas morning I caught my limit of 8, kept 4 and put 4 back ,the last 1 I put back was a nice fish but I was feeling gracious (Christmas after all) so it was returned unharmed. Yesterday the number was 3 and this morning only the 1 which I put back as it was lacking condition. Yesterday some guy in a 17' tinny thought it was OK to go roaring past at 25mtrs away, I gave him heaps of warning (sign language)before he got to close but he chose to still keep on his course which made me drop to my knees to secure my balance. Unfortunately for him I had seen him launch from the ramp and his highly sign written vehicle was very obvious. Also unfortunately for him I am a Maritime Officer for EBOP so guess who's getting a ticket for exceeding 5knots within 50mtrs of another vessel. Interesting while I was issuing the offence notice a couple of kayakers approached me to make a complaint of the same vessel similar incident the previous day. Sometimes by the issuing of a compliance offence notice, is the only way the offenders will take notice.
1 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Re: Morning exercise

Postby Rushy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:37 am

Bloody good on you GA.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:40 am

Yep some people have no idea. Some amaze me how they survive on a day to day basis. Then unfortunately they breed ha ha. :D There is an officer where we go but he is actually a grumpy rat bag. Good work GA
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:07 am

A pet hate of ours and many others whose yacht's were their homes were Jet Ski's. It seemed to be the nature of the beast 'but you could put your Grandmother on one and she would turn instantly into a hoon'.

In the Sounds half a dozen yachts would be anchored in a quiet bay and around the corner would scream a bloody jet ski. It would tear around the bay endless times making waves until all the yachts were bobbing around, spars banging halliards clanging against the mast and being just bloody uncomfortable. Their owners who were often resting up before heading off across Cook Strait or to some other destination would soon be very cranky. Then just when everybody thought they had buggered off old Granny would appear around corner and have her turn at tearing up the water. By the time the whole family had a go the Yacht owners would be homicidally inclined to a most amazing degree.

I used to lie on the deck with my rifle and sight on the petrol tank between the riders legs and dream of putting a tracer bullet through it. I could just see in my daydreams a figure several metres above and behind the now defunct jetski rapidly coming off the plane, floating in a light smoke haze, its wedding tackle scorched black after being subjected to a few second of heat in the hundreds of degree's range. If only they knew what fate had awaiting them.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:22 pm

You are right though they do actually beg for more speed.

I do see me going back to a /10 ft jet boat next year or so though. Can't take enough fishing gear or camping gear.
0 x

veitnamcam

Postby veitnamcam » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:58 am

And this is why we have dedicated pwc areas so people dont piss off other users....not everone uses them tho.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
0 x

P38

Postby P38 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 am

He's lucky all the air in his tyres didn't suddenly rushed to the top. ;)

Good work on the fish too.

Cheers
Pete
0 x

Return to “General Fishing”