First for the Blackout ...

Packhorse

First for the Blackout ...

Postby Packhorse » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:20 am

Went for a cruise last night for possums mainly..took the Ruger Blackout(ex @Carpe Diem) along ...just in case... Proved quite useful in fact. Smacked over two fallow one a yearling and the other a prickett. Used Winchester store bought. It came out on the market last year n it seems pretty effective. First one would have forty metres away heart/lung and exited. Shot it, heard the sound of a hit n it took off into a pine block(big hole in fence..). Went down n there it was, only had gone about 5 metres. Shone the light around and saw another one. Moved to get a better angle to shoot from. It had moved off but wasn’t in a great hurry...must be a young one...bugger it I’ll have a go if it stops... It stopped. Have look through scope...fuck it’s fogged up..give it a wipe..still pretty blurry ..oh can see it’s eyes I’ll aim there...Bang..thud ..flop.. Shit I got it..cruised over...oh it’s not a yearling... Biggest one of the two the furthest to carry..not that far really.

I know not the story for a purist hunter. I don’t lose any sleep over it. I’ll take what I can get when I get it.. can’t even tell you what the projectiles are and how fast they are going...unless I read the packet that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 x

Happy
Site Admin

Re: First for the Blackout ...

Postby Happy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Paul would like that mate.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Yeah he never said how many he got with it..

0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Entry and exits for both animals.

0 x

Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Hey @packhorse Great to see you're having a good result with the 300 and that's definitely the right situation to use it. I always thought it was a bit of a nice quiet bush gun for that reason. :D :shock: :D

They're pretty good these little Rugers for what they do and the results - we'll they speak for themselves on Goats and Deer like this.

Enjoy Bro! Hopefully get down your neck of the woods and catch up again soon eh.

CD.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Cheers bud. It’ll be good to catch up..

0 x

Return to “Deer Hunting”