Target Cam. (Home built jobby)

Would you like to post a review on a piece of gear you have bought / trialed ? Here's the spot !!
Happy
Site Admin

Target Cam. (Home built jobby)

Postby Happy » Tue May 31, 2016 1:09 pm

After looking at the commercial versions I decided and have pinched some ideas from other pubs to create this monster
Wanted to try this at 800 to 1000 meters ..
The transmit part consisting of Transmitter, cheap video camera off trademe battery not to flash but don't need it with this set up,
Tripod, Used Invertor and a second hand plastic drill kit case with the dividers chiselled out of it .

Alli express to purchase the trans/receive gear

Transmitter Kit S.JPG

Inverter will run off car battery left at transmit end, it will power the transmitter plus the video cam for hours on end

TRANS s.JPG
This pic taken during testing stages
Using inverters is good as can test run everything on extension leads before final mounting and wiring
RCD protection in both boxes on 230 volt side should stuff go wrong ..

TRANS2 s.JPG
Final set up.

So take it up to target area
(Out of the line of fire I reckon :oops: ) Focus it up. Connect 12 Volt battery and done.

The receive part consisting of Receiver, Car DVD screen, another invertor
This inverter powers DVD Screen and the receiver. Same as other will last days before hurting the ute battery.

REC1 s .JPG

IMG_1259S.JPG

So these things are reasonably powerful especially the transmitter.
Do not power up without aerials connected or apparently its an end of the world situation.... :geek:
Had an old variable speed drive heat sink so I mounted it to that with some good conductive grease between the two.
They were correct its got some energy warms up to around 15 degrees pretty quickly then stabilises

The blurb said 1500 meters in line of sight without obstacles I I R C ;)

Tested today at 100 meters and all crystal clear.. Receive end is powered by ute battery on our home made extension lead which we already had for spot lighting pests.

The whole kit.. Pretty easy to carry round 2 seconds to set up and bingo ..
Sight your rifle at 250 or however as far as this will transmit and see what your true drop off is and tune it to suit...
(That is the aim..excuse the pun ) Combined with our new range should it ever dry out this ll be fun... :D

Total Kit s.JPG

Will test it properly in next few weeks and post some working pictures.
Provided a short person who shall not be named doesn't shoot the kit :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Packhorse

Re: Target Cam. (Home built jobby)

Postby Packhorse » Tue May 31, 2016 3:14 pm

Looks the bizzo 'Happy' good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue May 31, 2016 8:40 pm

I wish I knew half of what you are trying to do 'Happy'. Wouldn't hiring a local schoolboy to mark your shots be easier and cheaper. I have a friend who does just that.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Tue May 31, 2016 8:48 pm

This means you pull the trigger up to 1 km away and immediatly see your hit or miss to adjust too. Toys to help you shoot better like an electronic long range spotting scope
But to also get you a true pic of what your shooting accuracy is like at lower distances as well without walking to the 300 meter target all day
0 x

Woody

Postby Woody » Tue May 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Flippin awesome Happy. I am looking forward to the days I can be a participant in your setup Sir. ;)
0 x

Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue May 31, 2016 10:13 pm

Very cool Happy and I'm sure a very useful tool for a lot of us out there.

BTW I'm sure 30 cal Terry doesn't need it, and Rushy will be sending you a PM with a how he can I order one ... :lol:
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue May 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Happy wrote:This means you pull the trigger up to 1 km away and immediatly see your hit or miss to adjust too. Toys to help you shoot better like an electronic long range spotting scope
But to also get you a true pic of what your shooting accuracy is like at lower distances as well without walking to the 300 meter target all day

Get school boy tell him to dig hole. Set up target behind hole. Put kid in hole with broom handle with white arrow on it.

Pretty much the way the Army still does it.
0 x

Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue May 31, 2016 10:51 pm

LOL another afternoon working in the butts eh?
0 x

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 am

[quote="Woody"]Flippin awesome Happy. I am looking forward to the days I can be a participant in your setup Sir. ;)[/quote]
It makes me want to invite myself too...not that I give a fat rats about long range shooting.

0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 am

Woody wrote:Flippin awesome Happy. I am looking forward to the days I can be a participant in your setup Sir. ;)

It makes me want to invite myself too...not that I give a fat rats about long range shooting.

0 x

Return to “Equipment / Brand Reviews”