Full lenght resizing ?

hunter308

Re: Full lenght resizing ?

Postby hunter308 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:35 am

Chuck the 310 over your left shoulder and buy a proper press, lyman do not do a whackamole sizer that is a lee product and it only resizes the neck like one other member has already stated.
0 x

Frogfeatures

Postby Frogfeatures » Sun May 17, 2015 9:38 am

I have got to say I like your signature Frogfeatures. So true of so many.[/quote]

Cheers Rushy, sounds like a typical hunting trip, or maybe the politicians before, and after, an election. :D
0 x

Frogfeatures

Postby Frogfeatures » Sun May 17, 2015 9:39 am

I have got to say I like your signature Frogfeatures. So true of so many.[/quote]

Cheers Rushy, sounds like a typical hunting trip, or maybe the politicians before, and after, an election. :D
0 x

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:36 am

Replying to an old thread I know, but the answer to the question is that Lyman produced a full length size die for users of the 310 tong-tool in a wide range of calibres. You placed your well lubed case into the die, then forced it completely into the die using a bench-vice or press if you had access to one. The case then needed to be driven out of the die with a punch that would fit the case-mouth.
As previously mentioned a reloading press and a FL die make life a lot simpler.
I carried a 310 set with powder and projectiles over rather a lot of NZ once upon a time, and they certainly served their purpose. I still prefer to load with it when away from home and use a combination of a Lee collet die and the 310 for priming and bullet seating when at home. Simple, effective, and accurate.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:28 pm

JWB wrote:Replying to an old thread I know, but the answer to the question is that Lyman produced a full length size die for users of the 310 tong-tool in a wide range of calibres. You placed your well lubed case into the die, then forced it completely into the die using a bench-vice or press if you had access to one. The case then needed to be driven out of the die with a punch that would fit the case-mouth.
As previously mentioned a reloading press and a FL die make life a lot simpler.
I carried a 310 set with powder and projectiles over rather a lot of NZ once upon a time, and they certainly served their purpose. I still prefer to load with it when away from home and use a combination of a Lee collet die and the 310 for priming and bullet seating when at home. Simple, effective, and accurate.

Hi there JWB, How are you?. Just rereading your post and decided you must have been a Deer Culler to have carried a 310 set with powder and projectiles with you when you were away from home.

Some of us did that.
0 x

JWB

Postby JWB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 am

You are correct. Just a bit later than you, because I am much younger than thee. 74 to 77 Kawekas and Urewera with a short spell in the Tukituki 79, with meat and possums in between and after. There was a patch in the Motu one year while waiting for the chillers to start up, but I can't remember what year.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 pm

That's interesting. Glad to know you. We must have nearly met as our times in the hills almost correspond and sometime overlap.
0 x

JWB

Postby JWB » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm

We have met several times. Memory fails me as to where. Probably in Taupo while on check, or the Taupo reunion in 81, or Joe Keeley's funeral, and if Reg taught you to fly, probably Opotiki as well.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 am

JWB wrote:We have met several times. Memory fails me as to where. Probably in Taupo while on check, or the Taupo reunion in 81, or Joe Keeley's funeral, and if Reg taught you to fly, probably Opotiki as well.

Must have met as I was present at all those affairs. Joe Collins funeral remember was so much fun we all decided to dig him up and have it again. His relatives wern't that keen.
0 x

JWB

Postby JWB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:50 pm

It appears that years of cooking and eating out of aluminium cookware is taking its toll on both of us.
0 x

Return to “Reloading and Ballistics”