Postby Packhorse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Nothing like a feed of fresh fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: Fishing

Postby Scribe » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Having a fish at the fifty metre line where we got about eight snapper. Now heading in and as it is the first day of the scallop season we will see if we can get our share....We got 35 scallops between the two of us. The biggest, tasty scallops you would find anywhere in the world I believe.
Scollops 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:01 pm

God the fishing is great at the moment, the scallops are fat and a little bit hard to get unless you have a diver on board. Mussels are in great condition.

The snapper are really in good colour and good condition. Kahawai are in good condition a easy to catch and the Kingfish are starting to hang around the burly.

White bait are slow coming on this year but getting a feed.
0 x

Packhorse

Fishing

Postby Packhorse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Misuss’s first shore based snap. Used a boat rod and a pathetic cast. Fish was either suicidal of felt sorry for her. Either way good fish. 10.4 lbs

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Packhorse wrote:Misuss’s first shore based snap. Used a boat rod and a pathetic cast. Fish was either suicidal of felt sorry for her. Either way good fish. 10.4 lbs

Great fish their 'Packhorses Wife' Went out yesterday and caught and array of fish all good size. Trevally, Big snaps, Kahawai, Black snapper and some very plump mussels. No camera.

Computer has been down for over a week so have been out of touch, The BNB has been very busy through Nov, Dec, and Jan. We only had one day un-booked this month and then it filled too. Looking forward to winter and some rest.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Make hay while the sun shines huh...;-)

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 pm

Packhorse wrote:Make hay while the sun shines huh...;-)

We farm people now 'Packhorse' Don't need hay or dogs to round them up.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 am

Good fishing chaps..

Went to mussel lines at Waikawau weekend before last. Windy and rough as . I had a bad day on the way we stopped in Thames for diesel plus bait
Away from boat trailer under 3 mins got to the ramp to find some ass had stolen my rod out of the boat. Couldn't believe it

Bait runner my favorite rod... Fishing was great though on a" borrowed rod"

Heres what $676.00 worth of fish looks like as thats the replacement rod cost.. Insurance company minus $250.00 as 2 years old then $250.00 excess

Fish.jpg

Man I d like to catch the wanker that stole it. No cameras saw it either...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:08 am

Happy wrote:Good fishing chaps..

Went to mussel lines at Waikawau weekend before last. Windy and rough as . I had a bad day on the way we stopped in Thames for diesel plus bait
Away from boat trailer under 3 mins got to the ramp to find some ass had stolen my rod out of the boat. Couldn't believe it

Heres what $676.00 worth of fish looks like as thats the replacement rod cost.. Insurance company minus $250.00 as 2 years old then $250.00 excess

Fish.jpg

0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 am

Scribe wrote:
Happy wrote:Good fishing chaps..

Fish.jpg

The thieving Bastards 'Happy' I am glad you had some good fishing after all that. We have been nipping down to Kerata quite a lot lately and rarely miss out on the good fishing.
0 x

Return to “General Fishing”