Recent Adventures

For all your off topic discussions
Packhorse

Recent Adventures

Postby Packhorse » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Took last week off to coincide with some of wifeys days off. Spotlighted previous Friday and Saturday night (different properties). Image Image
Up to mother-in-laws on Sunday. Image
Katikati on Monday to drop off some bodies for pet food. On way back dropped in to see cocky about running some traps or maybe a spotlight or shoot a goat or two...”get back to me” he says “ I have MPI on my case at the moment and bows not a good time..”. Sweet as at least I’ve got my foot in the door... Off to my bros place Tuesday arvo for catch up and a spotlight. Mentioned what I was doing. “Oh I have a key for the forestry, this neighbour doesn’t shoot and has 40 ha of pines, that neighbour is 60 and his farm backs onto a native block....I might ask them and see what they say.....choice one bro.. Cruised the farm sussing out the tracks. Crossed the boundary (accidentally) ,realised my mistake and headed back the way I came. Back to the car for a cold pie for tea... Went for a spotlight Image.
Wife had to work so back home. Headed out to local bush block looking for a goat or two... weather did not help was foggy the whole timeImage. They had recently ground baited 1080 on this block and that put a downer on things. Saw these Image
Image. Bloody waste. On Friday afternoon I was off to North Block Pureora Forest Park. Had being asked to run a shooting base for a Venturer Camp.
Just used the 17HMR, .22 bolt gun and semi auto and a .223 for effect. Some grapefruit and beer cans were killed... That was my week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”