Hodgdon varget dislikes my powder measure

motorsport32

Hodgdon varget dislikes my powder measure

Postby motorsport32 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:22 pm

So I was out in my mancave with the fire going yesterday loading some 223s while my littlest daughter was watching pepper pig and instead of using my measuring spoon and trickler I thought I'd give the powder measure a go for the first time. Now being my first lot of rounds I've ever reloaded and a complete rookie at that I poured some varget into the powdermeasure and cranked the handle. Crunch crunch went the ratshit shaped varget powder. Tryed a few more times to get a consistent throw but no good. Went back to my spoon fed method. Anyone else experience this phenomenon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: Hodgdon varget dislikes my powder measure

Postby Scribe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Spoon feed method is what I have always used. The accuracy can be down to a single grain of powder and doesn't take long to reload the amount of rounds I use a year.
0 x

motorsport32

Re: RE: Re: Hodgdon varget dislikes my powder measure

Postby motorsport32 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Scribe wrote:Spoon feed method is what I have always used. The accuracy can be down to a single grain of powder and doesn't take long to reload the amount of rounds I use a year.
Cheers scribe. Think your right I'll stick with the spoon for this stuff. It's a bit long grained for the pocket in the measure drum so as I turn the handle down it catches the edges of the powder and chops them into chopsuey. Spoons good for now. I'll try some different powders at a layer date.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
0 x

Return to “Reloading and Ballistics”