A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

User avatar
Scribe
Site Admin
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm
Location: Coromandel
x 126

A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Scribe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:18 am

Mahakirau Skan 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Packhorse
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Wharepapa South
x 118

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Packhorse » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Trying to work out if this is a serious case of sarcasm, a pisstake , tongue in cheek ..etc etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
Scribe
Site Admin
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm
Location: Coromandel
x 126

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Scribe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Best idea is to come along and see. We have never been more serious. Very few overseas visitor will ever get the chance to see New Zealanders at play using the latest Animal control methods. Few Kiwis have either. This is their chance to experience what is becoming the norm when you live in or close to native forest.

Understand that this all will take place inside a privately owned estate. Houses everywhere, dust everywhere and they take the rain from the roof for water supplies, cant be dangerous can it?. Owners are assured its not. Though the loaders and ground crew will be wearing full chemical suits and respirators. Pilots too, I wouldn't be surprised.
0 x

Packhorse
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Wharepapa South
x 118

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Packhorse » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:24 pm

So it's open to Joe public or is it invite only.... Whereabouts is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
Scribe
Site Admin
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm
Location: Coromandel
x 126

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Scribe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 am

Yep its open to the public and overseas visitors 'Packhorse'. Who knows these events could become major tourist attractions.
Mahakirau Forest Estate is on the famous 309 Road up at the top of the range about half way between Coromandel Town and Whitanga.
0 x

Carpe Diem
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 9:23 am
x 53
x 8

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm

@ Happy I take it this is a wee bit away from where your bees are living or you'd have the rest of us up there for clay bird and Long Gong practice too..
0 x

Packhorse
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Wharepapa South
x 118

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Packhorse » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Scribe wrote:Yep its open to the public and overseas visitors 'Packhorse'. Who knows these events could become major tourist attractions.
Mahakirau Forest Estate is on the famous 309 Road up at the top of the range about half way between Coromandel Town and Whitanga.

Sweet. It does seem kinda interesting. Is that where all the ex and current helicopter pilots, skid biters and shooters hang out is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
Scribe
Site Admin
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm
Location: Coromandel
x 126

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Scribe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:12 am

Packhorse wrote:
Scribe wrote:Yep its open to the public and overseas visitors 'Packhorse'. Who knows these events could become major tourist attractions.
Mahakirau Forest Estate is on the famous 309 Road up at the top of the range about half way between Coromandel Town and Whitanga.

Sweet. It does seem kinda interesting. Is that where all the ex and current helicopter pilots, skid biters and shooters hang out is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


None of the shooters and skid biters I know would poison deer and pigs and only a few unscrupulous helicopter pilots would. I must put up the list again of pilots and Helicopter companies the will not drop 1080 under any circumstances and those who will.
The honourable and the dishonourable.
0 x

Packhorse
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Wharepapa South
x 118

A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Packhorse » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am

That's what I was trying to work out. Using the 'latest loading techniques and long line/hopper displays' it sounded like a 1080 and urea spreaders wet dream... When it said ' must wear dust masks n chemical suits' are you serious..? I'll just pop down to the local warehouse n pick up a suit on special ..,that shit would not pass a health n safety check/inspection for a public display ... I take it you're not going 'Scribe'?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
Scribe
Site Admin
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 pm
Location: Coromandel
x 126

Re: A Meeting Of The Good Old Boys And Gals

Postby Scribe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:04 am

Packhorse wrote:That's what I was trying to work out. Using the 'latest loading techniques and long line/hopper displays' it sounded like a 1080 and urea spreaders wet dream... When it said ' must wear dust masks n chemical suits' are you serious..? I'll just pop down to the local warehouse n pick up a suit on special ..,that shit would not pass a health n safety check/inspection for a public display ... I take it you're not going 'Scribe'?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sure I will be up there. There will be a fine weather envelope. I might camp up there and like many others I will try to pick up couple of pigs before they go off the menu for nine months.
We have been assured that the people who live within the Estate will not be harmed even though the Loading zone is on the Estate itself and some of the blocks could have 1080 laid along all four boundaries. Hard to believe especially as the loaders will be all togged up with suits and respirators. There will, using other drop as an example be dust everywhere.

One of the very worried residents went to the Police and said he was worried about dust and baits dropped on his roof and getting into his water supply and would the Police charge anyone if he got poisoned. The said no. 'As there was 'No Intent' they would not lay charges against anyone.

We had three dogs poisoned on their own property's in Thames a few years back and no charges could be brought as there was 'no intent'. Even though DoC admitted neglecting to advertise or inform the owners that 1080 poisoning was being carried out on their boundary. A clear breach of the law. These dogs were fenced into there own property's but poisoned possums still entered through the fence. DoC knows as well as we do that poisoned animals travel a long way.
0 x


Return to “Up and Coming Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Website by RAZOR Web Design