2 Aucklanders and 2 Normal Folks

Happy
Site Admin

2 Aucklanders and 2 Normal Folks

Postby Happy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Chatting round the table after last trip we decided (2 Normal folks and 1 Aucklander at that meeting) to make another trip happen in August...

Set off nice and early to the block in Wanganui. Two Aucklanders and a side by side and two normal blokes.
Arrived nice and early so decided an Arvo hunt was in order. Cruised off outwards and within an hour or two had two nice dear on the ground.
One for Happy and one for Carpe Diem... Bit of a walk but just a warm-up compared to the next day ..
Back in the dark for a few bevies ...

Sat morn off early heading for early morning height ...

P1000423s.JPG

P1000428s.JPG

Round a few corners then 30calterry neck shot himself a hand bag

P1000425s.JPG

I d been looking for a nice skin for a while and one was pointed out as that d be the one to take. Before a bloke
could lay down and shoot bugger me Carpe diem shoots the bugger.. It was tother Aucklanders shot he never had a chance so he said no worries
he can carry it back to oddness land it aint going in my ute :D ...

P1000427s.JPG

So brisk walk out and bit of a break and out again at 3 ish saw us net another two for a total of six after spying at least 200 animals
They were in big mobs for sure. I had 40 walk under me at a brisk pace bunched up and not one presented itself as a target.
(We ve given up body shots on Fallow and spoiling most of the meat.)

Big walk happy hunters back to base..

The normal 2 sat round talking shit over a few beers.. One Aucklander wanted to play the Nakis favourite of scrumpy hands
so got grabbed and set up... Drinking old mout soon took its toll .When he ran out he hit the Jamiesons... Oooopss

2s.jpg

He ended up falling off the sofa. Mastered the floor for a short time then spent four hours running from one end
then the other in the shitter. We were praying both ends didn't explode at the same time !! :D

The other Aucklander did ok but we all wished we hadn't seen this ...

3s.jpg

He carried his deer a flipping long way back to the s x s. Said something about a damaged foo foo ... Way scarey stuff..

Awesome weekend with great blokes, plenty of shit stirring and laughter . We put some mongrel back in a couple of Aucklanders.
Bet their wives hated their guts when they got home ... AWESOME.... 8-) :D :lol:

1s.jpg

4s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Carpe Diem

Re: 2 Aucklanders and 2 Normal Folks

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Ha ha ha - Lies lies and Damn Lies :shock: :? :shock:

But what he did miss out... yes I was the recipient a OBE by the end of the weekend.

But what @happy choose to leave out was how many rounds down range he shot, and why I had to shoot his trophy rug for him before they all hoped the fence. Any one got the range - fark it -bang!

If there was a starting point to the nightmare to follow in fallow it was his effort at the servo in Wanganui that bore more resemblance to a Barbed wire wrapped watermelon. I pity the minimum wage forecourt person who had to clean that up.

But in his defence - their fault for not leaving a brush!!!

PS: The animals got their own back in their own way for me bogarting his deersie as I was still packaging meat at 2.30 am Tuesday morning after hanging for the day and spending hours cleaning his animals pelt after skining.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Crumpy = Legend

Scrumpy = Broken man :lol:
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Sounds like a great time was had by all and the weather must have been alright for you too.

All that wonderful fallow venison, just delicious.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Hmmm so somewhere between the two stories is ....what actually happened...care to chime in 30cal terry...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

30calterry

Postby 30calterry » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Neck shot my one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
0 x

Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:17 am

1 head shot one neck shot for my 2...