lockley dogs

kaitieke1

lockley dogs

Postby kaitieke1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Giday all
rather than use this forum to show photos and tell a few yarns I like to engage in a bit of conversation and hopefully learn some new things etc. I run Lockley dogs. I have done for years and I realy like them. I am just interested to see what other guys think of them? that's all. I hunt with only 2 dogs and find that suits my style of hunting, these dogs are very long range finders and and will bail all day, I did not get my dogs of john personally. I found a good bitch and crossed her with another very good dog, Yes they are a little bit weird natured and take a bit of time to get going but like all things after a bit of hard work you get the results, I was just curious if anyone on this forum runs them and what they think(also it pissing down outside and I have very bad case of cabin fever) cheers
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: lockley dogs

Postby Scribe » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:23 pm

kaitieke1 wrote:Giday all
rather than use this forum to show photos and tell a few yarns I like to engage in a bit of conversation and hopefully learn some new things etc. I run Lockley dogs. I have done for years and I realy like them. I am just interested to see what other guys think of them? that's all. I hunt with only 2 dogs and find that suits my style of hunting, these dogs are very long range finders and and will bail all day, I did not get my dogs of john personally. I found a good bitch and crossed her with another very good dog, Yes they are a little bit weird natured and take a bit of time to get going but like all things after a bit of hard work you get the results, I was just curious if anyone on this forum runs them and what they think(also it pissing down outside and I have very bad case of cabin fever) cheers

Success is the measure isn't it and you live in country that brings out the best in dogs Greg. How is all that country of yours, underwater and the rivers up tonight??
0 x

kaitieke1

Re: lockley dogs

Postby kaitieke1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 am

yeah bro , the rivers have gone down now but the clean up begins? we did not get anything like the bros down whanganui ways, it will be while before things return to normal down there, I saw some pictures taken from a helicopter of the river road down toward pipiriki she looks pretty bad, there are a lot of guys trying to shear and scan at the moment so with tracks and roads taken out by slips its going to be a mission, looks like a bit of volunteering in exchange for some primo hunting might be the order of the day.
0 x

Return to “Pig Hunting”