lost dog fishers track erua area

kaitieke1

lost dog fishers track erua area

Postby kaitieke1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:07 am

giday
caught a good pig yesterday on farmland not far from fishers track erua area, I am not holding out much hope but maybe he wonderd out on to fishers track and someone picked him up,he is a big grey brindle greyhound type Lockley dog, like I said I am not holding out much hope as it was a good battle and there was a lot of blood every where when I finally caught up to the dogs and killed the pig, so if any one hears of any thing please give me a bell.
cheers
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: lost dog fishers track erua area

Postby Scribe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 am

kaitieke1 wrote:giday
caught a good pig yesterday on farmland not far from fishers track erua area, I am not holding out much hope but maybe he wonderd out on to fishers track and someone picked him up,he is a big grey brindle greyhound type Lockley dog, like I said I am not holding out much hope as it was a good battle and there was a lot of blood every where when I finally caught up to the dogs and killed the pig, so if any one hears of any thing please give me a bell.
cheers

That doesn't sound too good Greg. Is this the quiet dog that you used to have running loose a lot of the time.

How did the voluntary flood relief work on the Farms down by the coast go?.
0 x

kaitieke1

Postby kaitieke1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am

giday Graeme
no, this dog was quite q spooky type of dog, very nice natured but very cautious of people other than myself or my kids, the voluntary work never came to anything as the ground is still to wet and rain is still falling. some of those guys have lost wool sheds, covered yards and even houses to that storm, when the ground drys up and the rain stops I will get down there but its usless trying to much at the moment. we have a rain warning again for today so that's not going to help things very much. back to my dog things arnt looking good there either, I left a swannie and a jersy in 2 different spots and they had not been slept on, also there are fencers on the road and he hasn't gone out there either, bloody shame as he was shaping up to be a bloody good dog. I am shifting this weekend so if you feel the urge to come south for a few days give us a holler.
cheers
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:30 pm

kaitieke1 wrote:giday Graeme
no, this dog was quite q spooky type of dog, very nice natured but very cautious of people other than myself or my kids, the voluntary work never came to anything as the ground is still to wet and rain is still falling. some of those guys have lost wool sheds, covered yards and even houses to that storm, when the ground drys up and the rain stops I will get down there but its usless trying to much at the moment. we have a rain warning again for today so that's not going to help things very much. back to my dog things arnt looking good there either, I left a swannie and a jersy in 2 different spots and they had not been slept on, also there are fencers on the road and he hasn't gone out there either, bloody shame as he was shaping up to be a bloody good dog. I am shifting this weekend so if you feel the urge to come south for a few days give us a holler.
cheers

Yes that not good news of the dog. I know what you mean about the clean up. I might get down to help those flood victims in the spring.

I have been studying the weather for your move and you might pull it off. Its a few days away yet but my pick is, it will be fine but cold. That's if you don't get snowed in in the next couple of days, but its mostly coming in from the South East I think. I was talking to Evan tonight and in Hawkes Bay they are expecting snow down to 200m.

I will be down to help but Julie has got to work. You might have to confiscate my rifle to get the best out of me.

I will ring this week.
0 x

kaitieke1

Postby kaitieke1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 am

giday garaeme
I have so many people helping us move its not funny, at this stage there are 3 horse trucks and 6 horsefloats plus 3 tandem trailers so we have got the move coverd, was thinking maybe in 2 weeks time if you guys came down and we could get rid of a few of those deer that are in the crop paddocks, still no sighn of my dog, this will be the 3rd dog that I have lost to a pig in 4 years, such a waste, you put so much time and money and effort into getting them to this stage and one shitty pig and its all over, its not even like I run a team of meat heads just bad luck ehy,
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:02 am

kaitieke1 wrote:giday garaeme
I have so many people helping us move its not funny, at this stage there are 3 horse trucks and 6 horsefloats plus 3 tandem trailers so we have got the move coverd, was thinking maybe in 2 weeks time if you guys came down and we could get rid of a few of those deer that are in the crop paddocks, still no sighn of my dog, this will be the 3rd dog that I have lost to a pig in 4 years, such a waste, you put so much time and money and effort into getting them to this stage and one shitty pig and its all over, its not even like I run a team of meat heads just bad luck ehy,

Okay we will let you settle in and Julie and I will both come down.

Do you think the pig had experience dealing with dogs?.
0 x

Gapped Axe

Postby Gapped Axe » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:41 pm

your not running the dogs with collars I guess. Don't give up, my hunting mate had 1 turn up after 3 months and still in the area that he was lost from. Are you feeding the spot he was last seen at, or where you parked your vehicle. Also do you have a dog that barks on command??? .Last trick can you squeal like a pig, these have all worked for me.
0 x

kaitieke1

Postby kaitieke1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:03 pm

2 dogs had collars on and this one did not, we had been baiting this pig up with a mountain of dead goats and a few dead sheep, as soon we got to the dump the dogs had there noses on the ground and tracked of the grass into the bush and were bailing in 5 minutes. the pig broke and they pulled him up again in the scrub every time I got to within 50 meteres he would break so I cut around the face to get the wind in my favour and sneak in on him, while I was doing this they decided to have a go at holding him I think because a hua of a scrap broke out and I could hear a dog screaming and the pig broke again , this time down into a shitty rangiora face, as I got near him he broke downhill and while I was stalking in I came across a lot of blood, the dogs had the pig bailed under a fallen tree and as I snuck in to shoot him I could only see two dogs, bang and down he went, the other 2 dogs were coverd in blood but had no holes in them, I looked and looked for an hour calling and whistling but in the end had to carry the pig out all the while hoping he would be back at the bike or even goe back to the ute but no, I have left a swannie and a jersy there and my mate has been back mustering ewes in the same paddock but no luck, he went back today and barked up his hounds but nothing, I know there is a slim chance he may come out but as you can tell by the yarn attached its not looking good.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:30 pm

'kaitieke' Hi Greg, Any news of your missing dog yet?. With all the snow around how are you faring up at your place?. Are you still able to move house this weekend?.

I bet its bloody cold.
0 x

Return to “Pig Hunting”