A few photos

hillbilly

A few photos

Postby hillbilly » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:20 pm

I've not been out hunting as much as i would have liked to in the last few mounts but have been getting a few pigs and the dogs are coming along nicely.
It started with taking my young mate out to let him stick his first pig .
We had been on a handfull of unsuccessful hunts over a couple of years . It seemed every time he could not come i caught them and when he come the pigs were no were to be seen haha . But we keept at and our fortunes changed finely with 2 nice boars one morning .https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs7rn4j6e6q0n ... 4.jpg?dl=0 se if this works
0 x

hillbilly

Re: A few photos

Postby hillbilly » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:43 pm

I've not been out hunting as much as i would have liked to in the last few mounts but have been getting a few pigs and the dogs are coming along nicely.
It started with taking my young mate out to let him stick his first pig .
We had been on a handful of unsuccessful hunts over a couple of years . It seemed every time he could not come i caught them and when he come the pigs were no were to be seen ha ha . But we kept at and our fortunes changed finely with 2 nice boars one morning .https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs7rn4j6e6q0n ... 4.jpg?dl=0 . the 2 black and white pigs were his first 2 sticks he was over the moon .
I got the black boar after a small walk close to home is stunk and tastes terrible . had a few more good eaters between . I had not been hunting for a couple of weeks and me and the dogs were hanging out for a big day on the hill .
so we went out this morning and got this one buy 6 in the morning so much for a big days hunting ha ha https://www.dropbox.com/s/384u1u3ou7lb1 ... 0.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/85jikau0b7pkw ... 4.jpg?dl=0
0 x

hillbilly

Postby hillbilly » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Sorry about the photos i cant get my photo bucket to work so used Dropbox
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Never mind Hillbilly the photo's tell the story. Did you carry that last pig out all by yourself ???.

Is that the pig you have been after up the Waioeka Gorge for a while now.
0 x

hillbilly

Postby hillbilly » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Yip was hunting buy my self this morning .
Was not to bad about a 3km carry of the pig and my gear.
Yes Waioeka gorge was one of the pigs ive been after .
0 x

hillbilly

Postby hillbilly » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:33 am

Here we go Dans first stick a nice young boar after a short chase and a hold Image
The rooting he had been doing that night Image

The 3 boars 2 black and white ones from the hunt with Dan and the black one from a quick Thursday after work walk

The elusive boar from yesterday mornings hunt . Was a nice find from the wind sent and a short down hill chase then a good stop and bail for about 10 seconds then a good clean hold Image

Yesterdays pig the chilla . Nice looking young boar Bit of a white looking one Image
Some good times with good mates and buy my self out pig hunting over the last couple of mounts .
My dogs are not boar dogs their was a few young eaters as well don't worry .
Happy hunting Hillbilly
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 am

Cool photos hillbilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River