October Walk

Packhorse

October Walk

Postby Packhorse » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Needed to go for a decent walk and lose a bit of sweat. Started the walk with the thought in mind that I’ll just do a basic walk to known spots to see what I could see as I’ve being doing too much tractor work and not enough “physical” stuff at work lately.

Was a southerly breeze happening so figured needed to target any northerly facing sheltered spots. That part of the plan worked quite well as that’s where I was going anyway....

Spooked a couple on the way in as wasn’t concentrating enough. All good they in the general area I thought animals were going to be. Saw a potential candidate. Started to sneak up on it but there was another one in the way. All the animals I was seeing seemed to be young nannies and kids so was hoping for something a bit bigger.

Mooched on a bit more and saw another 3-4 animals. Decided to take the nanny any kids would be old enough to survive. Took a knee and did a 30 metre neck shot. Bang flop.

Whipped the guts out and had a wee snack. Carried on a bit further to where it drops down into a gully. Saw another couple but wasn’t worried about taking any more. Carried the goat out whole to go for pet food. For whatever I earn on this animal it will be some of the hardest money I will ever have earned. Take my hat off and full respect to all those who use to make there living carrying animals out of the bush...faaark that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Re: October Walk

Postby Scribe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:54 pm

" Whipped the guts out and had a wee snack" Sounds like some prehistoric hunting ritual 'Packhorse'
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:13 am

Scribe wrote:" Whipped the guts out and had a wee snack" Sounds like some prehistoric hunting ritual 'Packhorse'

...looking at it now I most probably didn’t word that right....

0 x

Sometimes

Postby Sometimes » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Awesome sounds like a good walk

0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Sometimes wrote:Awesome sounds like a good walk

It was. It made me realise how unfit I am. Im doing something about it.

0 x

Return to “Goat Hunting”