Goodbye Toby, we will remember you

For all your off topic discussions
Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Goodbye Toby, we will remember you

Postby Rushy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:21 pm

I received a message in the small hours of this morning from Toby's mum Julie to say that the "tall skinny kid from Wairoa had gone off hunting for the last time" and could I let everyone on the forum know.

Rest in Peace Toby and from me take the easy road from here mate, you have done all of the hard yards you ever need to do.

The thoughts of me and my family are going out to yours and know that I will be there soon enough to give them as much support as they need to get them through this tough time.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Re: Goodbye Toby, we will remember you

Postby Happy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks Rushy. He will be sadly missed ................
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:08 pm

RIP Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Sakokid

Postby Sakokid » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Yip so unfair. A good man down, rest easy Toby. Thoughts with your family now. Thanks rushy. Paul.
0 x

Dundee

Postby Dundee » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:39 pm

He will never be forgotten. RIP mate.
I see a ray of light from the heavens.
2 x

MUCKO
Site Admin

Postby MUCKO » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Rest in peace bro, i have never known a person to touch the hearts of so many people. your contributions will be missed but you wont be forgotten.
0 x

Maca49

Postby Maca49 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm

A real staunch guy who faced death square on and accepted the hand dealt! Such a young age to go, Toby has been in my thoughts most of the day, so glad we made the trip last weekend to see him one last time. Go in peace mate your struggle is over.
0 x

Carpe Diem

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Have struggled all day based on hearing the news this morning and processing things.

Much easier now as I sit here with a wee dram or two tonight to toast to the man who left us younger than most, but who had truely lived a hunting life with an ability many would give their left nut for.

I loved your fighting spirt and taking up of the challenge and as I wrote of it on your page today, a challenge that was taken until the end. Kia mate toa bro - a challenge you accepted.

We will hold a spot for you at our campfires, but now rest easy and see you and the family next week at a celebration of your life.

P.
0 x

Gapped Axe

Postby Gapped Axe » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Maca49 wrote:A real staunch guy who faced death square on and accepted the hand dealt! Such a young age to go, Toby has been in my thoughts most of the day, so glad we made the trip last weekend to see him one last time. Go in peace mate your struggle is over.

aint that the truth. Thanks to the team I got to finally meet this kid at terry's. So very pleased they, Toby and me made the effort. tough kid.
0 x

Neckshot

Postby Neckshot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Viva la 6.5 brother!! We arrived on these forums the same time I didn't know much about him early on except he was a smart ass . But he was not afraid to try stupid shit and could turn his hand at most new things to him.He must of had a shred of decency though as he took a shine to the 6.5 cal. I finally met Toby a year or so ago .....he was quiet but keen and gutsy to tackle a very big and gusty hill he's a good shot aswell. On reflection after that meeting when you take into account the cancer and basically half a leg left he impressed the shit out of me and I'm a hard man to impress.he showed me tremendous fighting spirit then and in his final battle he steard it straight in the face like a man. I only have one word for him

Courage!

Onward

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
2 x

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”