TV 3 versus Guncity

Share your pics and vids here for all to enjoy
Scribe
Site Admin

Re: TV 3 versus Guncity

Postby Scribe » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 am

There is a lot of integrity required when using a system like we have built up around firearms sales and purchases.

I don't think there is a fool proof system anywhere in the world and billions are spent by country's trying to defeat the hacker, the spy and the thief.

Prosecute those that break the law I say without fear or favour
3 x

Neckshot

Postby Neckshot » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Without looking at the actual fact the law and gun city let it happen?. Just saying.......plus she's hot mate I've Sen her in a bikini

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin
Location: Halfway up a hill on the true right of the Kaipara River

Postby Rushy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Neckshot wrote:Without looking at the actual fact the law and gun city let it happen?. Just saying.......plus she's hot mate I've Sen her in a bikini

Imagine her with oil and all is forgiven you reckon Neckshot?
0 x

Neckshot

Postby Neckshot » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Yea I agree she broke the law on that. But my point is the cops and gun city still fucked up and all the hopla on what she did will over shadow it . The cops make law and in my view gun city took the piss and just wanted to sell a gun.

0 x

Driverman

Postby Driverman » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:18 pm

There is an easy fix to mail order fraud and that is to only use the police forms and not those supplied by the retailer. The local arm officer wont sign a retailers form but insists on using the police one also insisting that the form has to be mailed to the retailer.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Yeh Right.jpg

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Happy
Site Admin

Postby Happy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Trade me announces Police Changes ...

We're getting in touch with members who have been active in a firearms category on Trade Me recently. Since we contacted many of you yesterday, Police have made a change to how they will manage remote firearms sales.
This means if you're buying a firearm that you don't intend to pick up (i.e. it will be delivered), you will need to provide further information in order for Police to verify your firearms licence and allow you to complete the trade.
Information for sellers
When someone buys your firearm remotely, you will now have to supply the buyer with your:

full name (as it appears on your firearms licence)
email address
physical address
firearms licence number.
Information for buyers
Buyers need to provide all of the above details when they present their firearms licence to Police to be checked. Police will add these details to their form and email the form to the seller themselves to confirm they have sighted the buyer's licence.
Please also make sure your Trade Me listing or purchase number is on the form so the seller can match your form to your sale.
Does this affect face-to-face sales?
This change has no effect on sellers whose firearm is being picked up by the buyer. Your obligation remains the same: to sight the buyer's firearm licence.
Feedback and further information
We realise this is a very hasty change, but this is the new system that Police have implemented this morning. We will continue to work with them on this and make sure it's as robust and user-friendly as possible.
In the meantime if you have any questions about the process, we recommend you contact Police directly for more information.
We have updated our blog post from yesterday to reflect this change and our help page has this information too.
Regards,

The Trade Me Trust & Safety team
www.trademe.co.nz/trust-safety
0 x

Rushy
Site Admin

Postby Rushy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:13 pm

My word we are a knee jerk country.
0 x

sneeze

Postby sneeze » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:06 pm

This is s a stunt to raise ratings on an average and failing TV show. Follow the facts.
Gun Crime is extremely low in NZ but they used it because its an emotive issue that comes with its own anti gun supporters group.
Gun crime involving rifles bought illegally on line is almost nonexistent, criminals already have far easier ways to access them.
Yes the system wasn't that robust but its not a loophole when you have break the law to achieve the purchase. I can easily drive at 140kph , that's not a loophole either its just breaking the law and arguably more dangerous to the the public than a random illegal rifle purchase. I can also forge an invoice and claim a huge GST refund from the IRD, also not a loophole, just fraud, the same fraud HD committed when forging a police officers name and using a false FAL number.
She didn't have to follow through with the purchase to prove the point but seeing her holding a rifle on TV is far more dramatic.
She has committed crimes and is clamming its justified because its for the public good.
Bollocks , its little more than a publicity stunt.
And for the record while I'm no Gun City fan they did everything required to under the legislation and are well in the clear.
2 x

Rushy
Site Admin

Postby Rushy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:10 pm

sneeze wrote:This is s a stunt to raise ratings on an average and failing TV show. Follow the facts.
Gun Crime is extremely low in NZ but they used it because its an emotive issue that comes with its own anti gun supporters group.
Gun crime involving rifles bought illegally on line is almost nonexistent, criminals already have far easier ways to access them.
Yes the system wasn't that robust but its not a loophole when you have break the law to achieve the purchase. I can easily drive at 140kph , that's not a loophole either its just breaking the law and arguably more dangerous to the the public than a random illegal rifle purchase. I can also forge an invoice and claim a huge GST refund from the IRD, also not a loophole, just fraud, the same fraud HD committed when forging a police officers name and using a false FAL number.
She didn't have to follow through with the purchase to prove the point but seeing her holding a rifle on TV is far more dramatic.
She has committed crimes and is clamming its justified because its for the public good.
Bollocks , its little more than a publicity stunt.
And for the record while I'm no Gun City fan they did everything required to under the legislation and are well in the clear.

Yep that all makes sense.
0 x

Return to “Pictures and Videos”