A Day On The Firth

How's the fishing in your area?
Scribe
Site Admin

Re: A Day On The Firth

Postby Scribe » Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 am

Daughter and Grandchildren have been over for a visit. House looks like a bomb site. But the fishing is good.

https://www.facebook.com/graeme.sturgeo ... NjZpVHX7iY
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:52 pm

Sorry folks I have been away. Tried to get a good day out fishing before the fish go deep for the mid winter period but we failed, it seems the fish have got the winter blues and moved out already. Oh well they will be back in September. Its always good to see the Spirit of Adventure gracing our bay. She is a regular visitor to these parts ghosting in Just before dark. In the morning we look out and there she is in all her glory.
Lost the photos trying to put them up. Will try again.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Fishing is right in the middle of the Mid Winter Doldrums. Caught 12 smallish snapper and one decent John Dory. A couple of meals of fresh fish is not to be sneezed at though. Mussels are in top condition though and as fat as you will ever find them.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:46 am

Went out to the mussel farms to have a flog around for a fish yesterday morning. Took son in law, certainly not the greatest fisherman in the world. He never managed to put a fish in the bin.
We came home with six smallish snaps but that's winter fishing for you. I guess its a feed for all them so that's something I suppose.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Scribe wrote:Went out to the mussel farms to have a flog around for a fish yesterday morning. Took son in law, certainly not the greatest fisherman in the world. He never managed to put a fish in the bin.
We came home with six smallish snaps but that's winter fishing for you. I guess its a feed for all them so that's something I suppose.

Sounds like me fishing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Well despite being what I thought early this year the fish were in evidence again last week. Weather wasn't that good so I said I would not go out. I am glad I did though as the two old hands and a newbie at the game ended up with 17 nice snapper. There wasn't a mussel harvester in sigh so we went and snuggled up against a Seeder Boat hoping he would stir up a bit of excitement. He did and that's a fact, we were sheltered from the wind by the bulk of the mussel barge. What was amazing was the fish were all at the centre of the barge and so when it worked its way up the row we moved so that our casts were hitting the spot. Roll on Thursday the weather looks great for a good days fishing for a change.
0 x

Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Scribe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Well, up and on the water at daylight for the first day of the Scallop season. The Weather is fine and a lovely day follows so we throw ourselves delightfully into the task of catching the first of the years tasty titbits. After about 10 drags, greatly demoralised we give up and head home.
Our total is fourteen scallops divided between two families. Julie and my share of the total catch is 7 scallops I open the biggest one and its a dud, full of sand. Mussels to skinny to eat, fish hard to catch so roll on summer, meanwhile I am going to concentrate on the whitebait before this avarice Government take that off us too.
002.jpg
003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Packhorse

Postby Packhorse » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Good idea ‘Scribe’ get em while you can..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Return to “General Fishing”